Kroot Painting - Halp! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

Kroot Painting - Halp!

Hey all, still tediously working through my Kroot Mercenaries, just finished my second Carnivore squad, hope to have #3 assembled by tomorrow afternoon (after school of course), but I have run into a bit of a dilemma. My next box will be a few Kroot to fill out the 2 Troop units, and my Headhunters. Here's where the problems arise. How do I seperate the Headhunters from the Carnivores?

I have limited modelling skill, no Greenstuff, and only a few shades (1 or 2 usually) or each basic color. My first inclination was to simply paint the tips of the head quills and the entirety of the arm and leg quills some bright, vibrant color, as bright = poisonous, in nature (Poinson Arrow frogs, etc.) I still think this idea has merit, but I'm not sure that'll really be enough. A friend who's been wargaming for a couple years more then me suggested tattoos of some kind to "mark them as Headhunters in Kroot soceity", in his words.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

War paint, model them with actual heads around their belts, oaint their skin in a different shade, giv them different color clothing...the list goes on. The two you mentioned are excellent ideas as well.

Joe Peshi (lone wolf) kill tally:Lash Sorcerer, Ghazkull, Yriel, Termi Libby, Vulkan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

I can't remember the rules off the top of my head, but don't Headhunters infiltrate/ambush? Maybe not.
    Anyway, what I was going to suggest was painting them to look like they are 'natural predators', so add some 'agressive' camoflauge, like tiger-stripes...
    Also, when you're putting them together make sure you give them lots of the extras, so they look much more kitted up and self-sufficient :yes:

Get some pics up when you're done buddy

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

Thanks for the advice guys, still not quite sure as to what I'm gonna do, but hey, I have... well, I have until I get up the resolution to assemble said Headhunters. But that's beside the point! I think I'm just gona go with brightly colored quills (debating between yellow or green) and some ritualistic "war paint" accompanied by the use 100% open-mouthed kroot heads and lots of handy gadgets on their belts to give them an either self-sufficient or savage look.

Oh, and -t, they have a poison attack, but In actuallity, I took them for their ability to take Fleet of Foot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

+ Reply to Thread