Tiger warriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tiger warriors

Dax
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tiger warriors

When I first looked at my assembled fire warriors, I saw their main color - vomit brown.
    I tohught that it would be interesting to paint them to look like tigers - with black stripes over their armour, helmets etc.
    How do you think that should look?Is it a good idea?
    Please let me know what do you think.I'll be waiting...

P.S. Would it look good if I did the same for Stealth suits (scab red, inked with chestnut ink several times, and then should I add some skull white stripes to make it look nice?Because I hate regular painting...)?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would be very imprressive if you can get it of. Tigers are more orange brownish with a creamlike whitish belly and brownish to dark brownish stripes i think, and a difficulty would be the tanks, as they are big.

maybe try blending, on a black primer. with skull white with a tiny bit of bonewhite to get a broken white , use a base of cobra leather with some orange as a base maybe vor the 'back of the tigers' and a more cobra leather/ orange combo for a next layer, avoiding the first layers edges. for the stripes, maybe straigt cobra leather and a next layer cobra leather, again avoiding the previous layers edges with a tiny bit of a darker brown, maybe beastial of charred brown. i don't know how it would look like, but some very diluted copper and charred brown used fo the last layer might give a randomness to the stripes, but experiment on a piece of leftover before starting

Imo, stealthsuits, i would so in a darker sheme, similar, but with darker colors, but thats my idea.
    MvG, vindicator.

Ash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    333 (x5)

Sounds like a cool idea.
    I think you would find a more stylised 'Tiger stripe' pattern less complicated than trying to copy all the variety of tones in a real tiger.
    There are a lot of diverse types. Entering 'Tiger stipe camo' into a Google picture search will bring up loads.

All Camouflage @ Camo Shop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you should take a look at The Jungle, home of the Fighting Tigers of Veda. Here is a guide on how to recreate his impressive tiger stripes.

Tiger Stripes Guide

It provides for different schemes... I think the brown-over-tan version would look interesting on a stealth team.
    Last edited by OblivionClaimed; March 15th, 2007 at 05:59.
    Signatures: Why bother?

+ Reply to Thread