Musical Squiggoth - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Ein
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    472 (x6)

Musical Squiggoth

I was messing around with preliminary ideas for my squiggoth at the moment.

Yes, I know I am bouncing around between projects like a kangaroo on acid, but it's just the way I seem to work. I don't mean to clutter the forum with so many posts about so many different things - they will all one day be done. I'm probably just working on this one because I managed to get a pair of the speakers I needed today.

I was planning on putting up my pictures and stuff in a post and detailing how I was going to put the speakers in before I realized it would be stupid without.. well, sound, as proof of concept.

So I have decided to saddle astride the wave of the future and make a video post!

YouTube - Squiggoth battleplan: Rock you like a hurricane

Enjoy my sexy, dulcet nerd voice as I get this idea started.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Interesting. Now suppose your opponent gets tired of the Ork theme. Will you have a selection?

You could always skip the 'hiding' of the components and make it look like a Mek decided to mount some massive speakers on a Squiggoth. You could even have an Ork up there as a DJ!

But I digress; it's a sweet idea, obviously involving a fair bit of work on your part. Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

First off, I wan't to say that this is an awesome idea, although I don't see how you will ever finish an army with so many projects going on

I would like to make some suggestions after listening to your video. For the mouth speaker, instead of hollowing out the head, why not dremmil out the space in the body where the neck connects. Then, drill a hole through the mouth to the back of the neck. Then if you want to sound to come through better, you can either expand the hole at the back of the neck or make the hole in the body farther back so that the sound can go better. The only problem I see with this is supporting the head, but you seem to pin everything any way so a couple paper clips will work fine.

The second suggestion for the back speaker is to simply make the platform taller. Then you coule fit both in. I'm not sure how this would work though because I haven't really gotten a good look at the model.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Warrior47; March 16th, 2007 at 06:11.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Ein
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    472 (x6)

I am a monumental idiot.

Somehow I can operate power tools like a drill press and such just fine. I was dremelling out the back of the squiggoth's neck for a speaker mount.

Of course, when I was done dremelling, I took my coat off and started shaking the pounds of resin dust off it. Shaking it vigorously so as to remove all of the resin dust, I managed to whip the rather large zipper around at a high speed and directly into my right eye, giving me quite a nice shiner.

So, to recap:

Power tools? A-OK!
    Zippers? FAIL

Anyway, here is the next step of youtube videos.

YouTube - Squiggoth Part 2: The dremeling

It cut me off at the very end when I was talking, but you get the idea. I'm going to have to bitz order some goff rokkers, I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x5)

You're brave to be cutting such a nice model up so much. I might just leave it with the mouth speaker. It sounds fine, you just can't get stereo sound, but as longs as you compress everything to mono, it shouldn't matter.

How are you going to connect music to it. So far you only have a battery and speakers. Maybe have an Ipod mount on top of the squigoth or are you going to carry your computer out to where ever you go so that you can plug it in?

I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Ein my friend you are a braver man than me! I can only wish you the best of luck with the project and will be following it closely. I just hope you don't ruin an expensive model.

Ein
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

472 (x6)

I have been messing around with video editors.

My production values have gone up dramatically.

I have also filmed myself using a tripod this time around, so you may all grimace at my twisted visage.

And oh yes, there is a montage.

YouTube - My internet debut - Squiggoth Part 3

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

Montaaaaage! Yes your video skills are pretty good, but please cover that beautiful face as not to blind others with your beauty (may I suggest a paper bag with holes in it? =P)
    That squiggoth is badazz! Can't wait to see it fully completed, fully painted, then have the glue and paint chip off to excessive vibrations (may i suggest wires running through the interior that lead out to the feet to be as a vibe conductor?)
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x5)

Looks good so far, although your putting way too much work into the videos

I like your music choice, but I'm not sure how fierce a squigoth playing cryin' would be:shifty:

Are you drilling a hole through the top to connect a wire for the speaker on top or having it out side?

Ein
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

472 (x6)

I have hit something of a speed bump.

While the first speaker will definitely be mounted in the throat, if just for the novelty of having it actually roar, the second speaker is posing a problem as there's really nowhere I can see that it will fit.

I've considered perhaps leaving the speaker off, but that seems like a halfway solution that would end up being dissapointing - just one in the throat isn't nearly the volume I crave!

The only place I've been able to figure out that might work is under the howdah, pointing up - by cutting away a section of flooring and putting a mesh overtop to replace the flooring and allow sound out - but I'm not so happy with that idea just yet because I also wanted to put the switches and controls in the howdah and a speaker would end up blocking most of that.

Any ideas, fellas?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)