[Warhammer] Grave Guard conversion idea - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Warhammer] Grave Guard conversion idea

I'm considering getting back into WFB and Vampire Counts are looking mighty interesting.
    Now, if I start this army, I'll be going for a Bretonnian theme, so I've been thinking about making Grave Guard out of the plastic Men at Arms mixed with plastic Skeletons.

The bretonnians have big shields and lots of armour (although padded and leather, not mail or plate) just like the real Grave Guards.
    Mix in some skeleton heads, arms and hand weapons and voila!

Does anyone have any experience with combining these two kits?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Whilst I admit to having no experience with the Brettonian sprues, may I just say that I like this idea very much - will give you something unique from the current vamp counts. It should look very good. I like the idea of shabby looking Brettonians rising from the grave, holding aloft tattered banners in a twisted mockery of their former chivalric glory. You could do similar things with zombies as well - very cool.

There are many other crossovers you could utilise - lahmian/damsel, the hourseback knights and loads more. If you have a mate with Brettonians you could paint a tattered version of his army colours to represent you using his dead. I would suggest you grab some of the parts you need and do a few mock ups - and please post pics if you do:yes:

Wish you good luck matey, great idea.

Cheers,
    Rich.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't seen any bretonnia crossovers, but I've seen undead wood elves and high elves. After seeing the men-at-arms models I relly think the combination could work. Good luck with your modelling.

+ Reply to Thread