Asking for advice on painting SM scouts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

Asking for advice on painting SM scouts

Hi,

I'm currently re-painting my Marines in Dark angels colors. Also, I've got some scouts with need painting. I was wondering if someone could give me advice how to paint their legs/arms. I'd like to paint the cloth from the pants/shirt bleached bone, but I'm quite unexperienced with painting cloth. What's the order in which I paint. And which colors should I use.

Due to the amount of ripples in the paints I find it quite hard to put on a basecoat (of Graveyard earth) and then painting over the biggest part of the pants with Bleached bone. My guess is thinning down Bl. bone and if it's a smooth color, thin down Kommando Khaki to give it a wash and then thin down Graveyard earth even more and fil the deepest recesses.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Ash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    333 (x5)

I've only painted 'Bone' coloured uniforms once and the result was by no means to every bodies taste, but it was fairly simple and quick.
    A mid tone brown base, then mix a little 'Bleached bone' with the base and dry brush. Adding progressively more 'Bone' to the mix, until a final coat of pure 'Bleached bone'.
    It doesn’t give a particularly smooth finish, but it dose provide a cloth-like texture.

http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r...ersMarines.jpg

+ Reply to Thread