Chaptor Champion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaptor Champion

Im looking to convorting a regular SM to a Chaptor Champion and i need to make the bottom half of tabard (Hangs between the legs) but all i can think of is molding a piece of paper nor cloth which is inconvienient. Any tips?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

Most SM sprues have got some sorts of tabards on the sprues. Otherwise... try some Greenstuff. I think paper isn't suitable. And cloth.. well.. I don't know. If you make sure it's really stiff (PVA glue thinned down with water).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x2)

well it always depends on amterials availabale and the amount of effort you want to put into your conversion.

1. use existing loincloths from platic sprues- as mentioned by chaoschrist.
    2. greenstuff (or similar products)- probably your best option. Depending on sculpting skills you can make it look exactly like you want it. it will also look like what you already have on the chest.
    3. Paper or tin foil - can be tricky to get into the right shape (and tinfoil can have rather nasty edges) but it will always give you a nice surface to work with
    4. Cloth - bring it into shape with thinned down PVA glue (as mentioned before). use a natural material (silk, cloth) because man-made ones don't take the glue very well. make sure that the glue is watered down to about milk like viscosity and make sure that you leave it to harden compeltely (over night or a day or so). gives the best texture. this option can be very very messy (I did that once for a banner) and is probably not the best bet for something as small as a tabard)
    Shut up and play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thank you!

+ Reply to Thread