Woodelf Spellsinger/Spellweaver on Unicorn - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woodelf Spellsinger/Spellweaver on Unicorn

I have been playing woodelves for a while and I finally decided to make a wood elf spellcaster on a unicorn. I already converted one on a regular wood elf horse mount using one of the "floating" wood elf sorceress and a glade rider pair of legs (I'll put it in the next post) and I was wondering how I could make a unicorn that doesn't look...well homosexual. I know this post sounds stupid but I'm looking for ideas.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if by homosexual you really mean piddly, or if by homosexual you really mean that your first conversion really doesn't look good, I would suggest you start with the Brettonian fey enchantress (who is already on a unicorn) and break out the craft-saw to put a different torso on her. This model might not look bad with the wood elf sorceress with a staff on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

Or you could grow up. That might work, too.

But yeah, Fey Enchantress rides a unicorn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not mean to sound juvenile, but the unicorn concept itself is not the most intimidating idea ever thought of by man, I was trying to think of a way to not make it look like the sparkly rainbow unicorn that every little girl on the planet has a plush version of. I liked the woodelves because they are dark and mysterious, attributes not normally given to horned horses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

78 (x2)

Well that's much better, although homosexual still seems a poor choice of words. All those little girls must be raving lesbians, then.

Don't paint it white; white isn't dark or mysterious. Or paint it white but give it muddy hooves, or bloody hooves, or a mean expression on its face, or stick a goblin on its horn. Hell, use Archaon's steed and glue a horn on its head. No one is going to think your unicorn isn't into fillies if it's bigger than most things in their army and covered in spikes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It also might depend on how you based it, or posed the unicorn. Think about a unicorn charging out of a nettle thicket.

Another model you might consider is morathi's steed, just use greenstuff to cover where the wings would have been and optionally do something with the horns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

I would definatly go with the Bretonnian sorceress. Its already a unicorn, and not much work needs to be done to make it look "woodelfy". I like the idea of painting it a color OTHER than white, but i still think if done correctly, it can still look menacing. If you have access to really old models, get the old unicorn from the woodelf range, that thing looks crazy.
    "This sure ain't no pansy Eldar Armor, Son"
    185th Cadian Armored Div.

"One Shot, One Kill"
    Western Border Patrol of Athel Loren

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw the old unicorn and I think that one will work with the floating horned spellweaver model cut off at the waste. Do you think the small base will be legal?

INQ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ugh... for gods sake, you politically correct people... sigh...

i mean a unicorn is pretty "homosexual" anyway you put it. it's the cliche, go-to "gay" fantasy animal. and puh-lease, if you think people are being offended. no gay man is being offended by this. grow up, and learn to read context. it's not a big deal that he used the term "homosexual" in that way. it's no more offensive than saying ogre armor looks asian or something like that. maturity is also learning to go past being uncomfortable around these things.

as far as the actual question of the OP goes, just add on slabs of armor and just beef the bugger up. adorn it with skulls etc...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

78 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by INQ View Post
    ugh... for gods sake, you politically correct people... sigh...

i mean a unicorn is pretty "homosexual" anyway you put it. it's the cliche, go-to "gay" fantasy animal. and puh-lease, if you think people are being offended. no gay man is being offended by this. grow up, and learn to read context. it's not a big deal that he used the term "homosexual" in that way. it's no more offensive than saying ogre armor looks asian or something like that. maturity is also learning to go past being uncomfortable around these things.
    Ha!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast