Tau Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tau Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau Guard

Ok firstly there are rules for this.

I want to start Guard But i want to be different, im thinking of getting a about cadian troopers and giving them tau arm shilds, pulse rifles, rail guns etc, but also giving them upgraded vehicles, such as leman russ with rail gun, burstcannons and ion cannon, instead off lascannon and battlecannon and heavy bolters.

Let me know what you think and any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by The Red Thirst; March 29th, 2007 at 19:39. Reason: spelling error
    Ian M ON THE BATTLEFIELD THERE IS BUT ONE COMMAND MENT THOU SHALL KILL!!!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confusing, as you need to redesign the rules for the vehicles then. Tau Vehicles are skimmers, and behave differently when shot down then a say chimera. there are rules for Gue'Vesa but they are limited in their options.

Do make them if you are 100% confident it will be worthwhile and fun, but the units can not be used in a tournament i'm afraid.
    MvG, vindicator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

When you say you want to use those bits instead of the other ones, are you also planning on using their rules with your guardsmen? (Therefore taking stuff from two seperate codecies and combinging them for one army)

No one can stop you from making them, but if your planning on mixing and matching units, weapons, and rules then you should just be aware that you will have a hard time being able to use that army anywhere outside of really friendly games.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you wanted to make a "human" tau army than I would set, than all I would do is make a Tau list with no suits or auxiliaries (except a Tau "overseer" (commander)). Maybe say the Tau let them use the old surplus xv15's but I don't think it's likely that they would let them have any battlesuits. Thats all assuming that your taking about a gual'la army, not some hyper advanced humans, on a backwater.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    293 (x5)

Seems like a good opportunity to flash my Tau Human Auxiliaries...

Ryan Dancey, Vice President of Wizards of the Coast, believed that TSR failed because of "...a near total inability to listen to its customers, hear what they were saying, and make changes to make those customers happy." Are you listening, Games Workshop ?

The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

Hmm... sounds like a fun project, although it does sound kinda sketchy rules-wise. I would recommend using Tau rules and IG models. This way you could say that the IG either:

a) Allied with the Tau, and in return for military reinforcements or something, got some Tau technology (Kinda far-fetched, but meh, it could happen {goofy})

b) Successfully raided a Tau base of operations or some other base, and stole/managed to get away with some guns.

or c) It's an entire army of gue'la (whatever), and the Tau trust them enough to go to battle without supervision (or you could include an Etherial as an HQ for fluff).

Well, hope I helped!

Oh yea, Hard Aun, nice auxiliaries! Very good job on the highlighting etc!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rules

as for the rules for the Tau guard the are some rules for them in the Taros campaign book. and Dude those are some nice guardsmen
    Ian M ON THE BATTLEFIELD THERE IS BUT ONE COMMAND MENT THOU SHALL KILL!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you wanted to use the gual'la rules for an army that has allied humans, not totally humans use the rules off the UK site http://uk.games-workshop.com/tau/tau%2Dauxiliaries/, they are better than the ones from the taros campaign (more pulse weapons).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice tau gaurd hard aun.:yes: I just wish you had painted there jumper suits scorched brown like the tau firewarriors:cry: . Another story would be that some imperial troops did not approve of the emporors tactics so they stole enough transports for the 'rebels' and escaped to a tau planet to allie with them. Give or take{goofy} .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not a moderator so I've no business saying this i guess, but this is a conversion forum, not a rules question, fluff etc. forum. Red Thirst wants to make IG with Tau guns I say kick ass idea. Worry about if he can play with them on a different thread.

Might be awkward to just swap turrets for the tanks. I think a hammerhead rail gun'd have too low a profile and an ion cannon would be oversized on a Leaman Russ. A rail Cannon might look smart if you put the pivot three quarters down the top of a Leman russ turret and then brace it with a scrath built housing. Burst cannons should fit easily over the heavy bolter housing on the front mount, it'd just need a small amount of greent stuff to make the fabric cover look flush with the housing.

Would you be making weapons teams? I reckon burst cannons would look great on tripods.
    Does it Hurt? How about now?

all right, I'll try again later with a bigger hammer.

+ Reply to Thread