Dreadnought - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dreadnought

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I collect Ultramarines (no jokes please) and i recently got a new dreadnought. I was wondering if anybody had some ideas as to conversions i could use to make it a little more unique.

I was thinking of a banner-pole like extention coming from the back, but with a hormagaunt kinda crusified on it. What do yo think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Your idea sounds pretty kewl! I don't know what you could do to really convert a SM dreadnought myself, I keep thinking of Chaos dreads .
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x4)

Well being a chaos player i also keep thinking of Chaosy dreads (tentacles and leering face galore :lol: )

But the Hormagaunt thing sounds good, maybe even if he was impaled on the pole (easier to make). You could also make the base of the dreadnought unique by placing misc scenery on it, maybe even some tyranid parts (if you particulary hate &#39;em).

Your fluffraping hurts my eyes. - TehDarkPredator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i play ultramarine, i have to hate them cause of the whole battle for macragge and the hivefleets and all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x4)

So go for it&#33;

Stick a bunch of kill trophies on him. Put a cart behind him filled with Hive Tyrant heads . If i were a Individual tyranid i know i would be scared of that&#33;

Might think of moulding half a tyranid head (easy cuz they come in two parts) with stick a knife or a sword stuck through it (model sized knife, not your kitchen kind). Then mould the whole thing onto his shoulder armor.
    This would clearly indicate that he really hates &#39;em, and opens fluff doors (maybe he was at Macragge? Maybe that&#39;s why he&#39;s in a Dreadnought?)

Just a few suggestions.

Your fluffraping hurts my eyes. - TehDarkPredator

cebwj

I think it coudt be cool if you made some thind like a big fat tyranide lord had hitted him realy hard on the chest or so (But ofcouse the dred survived&#33;&#33

DEATH TO TYRANIDES&#33;&#33;&#33; :ph34r:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This all really depends on how "unique" you want it. Placing trophies and debree are good ways of doing it. You must remeber that when you do this, you need to keep it consitent with other characters in your chapter so that it does not look thrown together when your army is assembled on the table.

Try a little battle damage to the sarcophegas. You ca cut, grind or even drill this stuff in. Place your hormogaunt on the pole as you stated earlier. When your done add heads or the like to the poles of other characters, maybe even instead of banners themselves. This way your army is tied together in it&#39;s look and theme.

I have extra arms and such if you need them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the battle damage idea, i personallly got my hammer out and started hittin my deadnought around the place. It looks pretty realistic (use the pointy end of the hammer) and you can highlight the damage with a really light coat of Boltgun Metal to make it stand out.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who says they just have to be stuck on a banner pole, why not give him a giant spear in the power fist arm and stick gaunts on that pole.
    Make the base like he&#39;s walking on a moud of tyranid bodies...
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are allot of things you can do to such a large model as a Dreddy. Personally the conversions that have allways impressed me the most are the ones with huge personalised banners.

You could draw a picture of your Dred on it, ripping a filthy Nid appart :lol:

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast