Your First/Worst Conversion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

Your First/Worst Conversion

This is a place for everyone to post their first conversion they've done. It could just be a marine thats left handed, it could be a guardsman with an eldar head. Everybody had to start somewhere. This is where you show off your stuff. For the sake of your dignity though, you can show a picture of your first, then your latest to show the community how far along you have come.

You could also show off one that completely sucks. Humility shows your humanity, so show off your crap and let people that you were once a human (to those Conversion-God's out there).

I'll post mine once I get a camera, but anyone can post here.

WARNING: People will be allowed to ridicule you, so don't get mad if you do

Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Awful, awful dreadnaught

Okay, I saw this in the main forum page scrolling my way down to the Chaos 40k forum and thought it's going to be the best thing ever, so I might as well contribute.

So. My first conversion. I was... 10? 12 maybe? and I had a Chaos Dreadnaught. I never liked the Dreadnaught CCWs (I always bought a normal Marine dread but decided that would eb lame) and always loved my friends big Carnifex Claws, which, for some odd reason, he had some extra ones of (they're not good? this was back in 3rd edition, so I don't really know) so I decied that instead of putting the DCCW on, I would just put on a Carnifex Scythe Thing. That's right. It's way way out of proportion, and probably the tackiest thing ever. On the bright side, I've got my Dæmonic Possession represented :shifty: I would upload it, but then no one would ever take me seriously.

Looking forward to reading about other people's blunders (or successes, as it were)
    Last edited by honorableSimon; April 8th, 2007 at 22:16. Reason: spelling, as always. I probably still missed some.
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Pleeease post it. I'll rep you! =Þ

I can't really say anything as I haven't actually converted anything. :/ I know, it's sad. Just cant afford it, as with most warhammer.
    AGLOCO - Earn money by browsing the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Krevzi and Me
    Warhammer is like crack. But more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Learn parasite, that us Chaos players like to have our cake and eat it. In fact, we particularly like stealing the poor necrons' cake and eating that too, because they're too slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too a marine from my first force clipped off the magazine and then put one of those belts of pouches in his other hand so it looked kinda of like a magazine. He was the guyy reloading. Id upload it but im having trouble with getting pics up on this site.
    "They shall all taste OBLIVION!,.....which tastes like Red Bull, which is disgusting."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

I don't have a camera so I can't post them, but my first conversions are pretty recent. I hadn't really attampted anything up until now (I'm fairly new to the hobby anyway).

I've made myself some Shadow Warriors. Got another High Elf Batallion, didn't want any more archers, so I decided to convert them. I haven't done all that much to them really. Each one uses an archer torso and legs, has more variety in the poses than my regular archers (a few of them with a sword in one hand holding their bow down by their side for example), and uses different heads. About half have helmetless heads from the other High Elf sprues, and the others have filed down spearmen helmets (so that the helmets aren't quite so tall!) They have their quivers across their backs (filed for a better fit) as my regular archers have theirs slung at their sides. I have also used a variety of high elf bits like sheathed swords, daggers and pouches to make them stand out a bit more.

Very simple, minor conversion but actually quite effective. I'll probably be making some more soon. Now, do I dare try this green stuff conversion lark? Maybe, but not yet
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Cypher, you reminded me of my Space Marines. I was about 10 and had bought my first box. I'd never even seen warhammer before really. Well...I tried to put some grenades in a buys hands and a pistol in the other. The grenades were easy as they just slotted in, but I had two problems with the pistol; a) it was facing the wrong angle and b) I had used the pistol holster instead of the pistol and didn't realise the difference. Damn I was stupid!!

I would post a picture but I sorta killed the model using the hot wire tool....
    AGLOCO - Earn money by browsing the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Krevzi and Me
    Warhammer is like crack. But more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Learn parasite, that us Chaos players like to have our cake and eat it. In fact, we particularly like stealing the poor necrons' cake and eating that too, because they're too slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if I hadn't sold them years ago, I'd post the plastic 40k Khorne Berzerkers that I turned into Warriors for my old Warhammer Fantasy Khorne army.
    A few head swaps, clipped off the guns and stuck on shields, put the running models in the front ranks, the idle ones in the rear. They looked great. And then I painted them. They didn't look so great after that.

Mind you, I never got to play a game with that because by the time I was through painting everything I'd bought, the army was too expensive points wise.
    A Khorne lord in a chariot pulled by two juggernauts? What was I thinking?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Giant

I'm actually in the middle of my first conversion at the moment.

I'm doing a chaos giant conversion to make it look more demonic (Plenty of greenstuff), will post a picture when completed. It's hard though, greenstuff is difficult ot work with:cry: .
    The world would be a better place if everyone liked cheesecake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Mah Pitchas

:sigh: Well, we all know I can never resist a little rep

So, this post marks a few things:
    1. my first pictures,
    2. my first attachments, and
    3. my 300th post! hooray

That said, there are actually some conversions I did to this dread after the first. I took a tail from something Slaaneshi I believe, I can't even remember anymore. I always hought it looked cool and the Scythe looked lopside alone, so I attached that too. Also, I could never choose a weapon for the dread, so I thought why not make something that looks like all of the weapons! So I nabbed some Battlefleet Gothic stuff and attached some Tau weapons (hey, they looked mystical when I made it, I didn't know anyone who played Tau, and frankly don't really know where I got the bits) and Voila! I made a wierd gun that could sort of stand for anything. Kind of. But not really. Anyway, lets move on to the pictures,

Oh yeah, by the way, I love scribbling in Photoshop, so I pointed out song important things in the photos except for one so you could kind of see what it looks like. Enjoi, and please don't laugh too hard.

*EDIT*
    Looks like one of the thumbnails doesn't work, I don't know why, but the picture works, so feel free to click on the broken thumbnail to see the picture without comments scrawled all over
    Attached Images
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

260 (x6)

Here they are

Not many posting, but everyones ideas sounds so.. aweful. I love em. My first conversion was for DA which I gave the marine a bolter and pistol. I thought it looked pretty sweet (besides that the pistol is aiming downwards).

I'll show a combination of first and worst. This was my first big project involving drilling, repositioning, and shaping. If only I could paint :cry:

And finally the most terrible thing in the history of 40K. I started out with the starters box for second edition (Big book with pics of old 'nids, imperial guard relics, and rules that no longer follow the current edition) which came with 10 SMs, a land speeder, and tons of Dark Eldar. All this for the price of $80US, before major price increases on everything. Well those DE had plenty of fun spikey bits and I went a little nuts...

Now hopefully others will post pics, and those veterans of this hobby will come out of their shell and look bad for a change.
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast