Librarium Online Forums banner

Terminator Libby, WYSIWYG help

595 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Acth 
#1 ·
I'm working on this new model and really want to use the outstretched hand on the model. But, I'll probably want to use a combi-melta, or at the least a default storm bolter, in game.

How can I include the bolter weapon on the model? I've thought of having it hang by his side but the gun is large and it doesn't look right. Any ideas?

#3 ·
Adrian MalSeraph said:
And if you happen to play Dark Angels, and your sculpting skills are decent, make a Watcher in the Dark to carry it for him.
This would be the way I do it. You don't have to be a DA player to have the Librarian's Familiar Carrying the storm bolter. A couple of these cherubs could be easily converted to be dragging along the Librarians weapon for him. If you fancied scratch building a familiar you could get some ideas from this article.

Another alternative is to build it into the wrist plate of his terminator armour, like you see on grey knight storm bolters. This shouldn't be very hard with a little filiing and some very basic Green stuff work. A different slant on this is to build it into the haft of the force staff a la the old style Grey knights force halberds, but this would take a little more work to get it looking good.

Hanging it from a point on the model might be hard with this termy as I don't think there are many decent places to mount it. You could always just have a storm bolter lying on the ground and say that he has dropped it in order to use a psychic power, but I'm not a big fan of this idea myself.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do mate. The termire librarian is a nice model, so a bit of innovative conversion should help give you a model to be proud of. Hope I helped.

Cheers,
Rich.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.