Arrrgh!! 11 minatures, 14 hours! How would you fare? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Arrrgh!! 11 minatures, 14 hours! How would you fare?

Damn tournament is tomorrow, and here I am with 11 things left to paint, and 14 hours in which to do it.

There will be some time sacrificed for sleep, so drop that to about 6 hours.

ARRGH!!

8 servitors, 1 techpriest, and two heavy weapon teams.

Guess I'd better get painting!

As an aside, well, actually the real reason as to why i'm posting this procrastinating time-waster thread, I'm kinda curious as to how other people out there have fared in similar situations?

Whats the worst/most amount of painting you have had to do in how much time before a deadline, eg tournament, and how did you fare?

I've found that I personally work best under such pressure, yet there is only so much time. Only so much time!!!

(And if such a thread as this has been posted before, please forgive me: i'm just looking for a way to waste time!)

"Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

I had once o3 days to finish 22 necron warriors, 7 Immortals and a Necron Lord , so i probably know how you feel:ninja:

"I could calculate your chance of survival, but you won't like it."
    "Shut up! Sit your ass down in that chair and DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!" - Cid FFVII

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by nexus-star View Post
    I had once o3 days to finish 22 necron warriors, 7 Immortals and a Necron Lord , so i probably know how you feel:ninja:
    I painted a Necron army in about 15 hours. A whole army deal plus an extra box of warriors. They're in the gallery, too, so you can check the quality. It was necrons though and they're pretty easy.

If I'm pushed I can usually paint 1 figure per hour, less for similar figures, more variation.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

Have you tried speed painting?

Painting one colour to all models then the highlights to that colour to all models and so on... You sacrifice a little quality for time! But after the tourny you can get back to those models and give them the more attention you want!

I had painted a force of about 1000 pts in 3 days for a tourny this way! Then, after the tourny, I got back to that force and got into detailing and all!
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

This almost feels like cheating, but why don't you just not finish painting all the details a such, just paint enough of your scheme onto the models to meet the tournament requirements (i.e. "two colours" or whatever) and then finish them after the tournament.

My friend once white primer/pink poka-dotted his Leman Russ. (it was red, but he did one watered down drop on the white primer so it came out pink) That was good times.
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

If you've got 14 straight hours, with no interruptions, then I'd say piece of cake!
    Otherwise, hard.

Anyway, good luck!

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67 (x3)

Good luck man, heaven knows I can't paint a model without getting distracted, coming back, deciding to get a snack, bathroom break, get distracted again, another snack, and the say "screw it, I'll finish tomorrow".

Have fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x2)

lets see, I painted up a whole unit of wildriders/ 10 eternal guard on the day before the tourny....I was painting from 40pm. to 100 in the morning, with a 4-5 hour nap in between. they actually came out alright, but after i finished the battles, i broke out the paintbrush and fixed them up....(the super fine highlights, blending etc.)
    "This sure ain't no pansy Eldar Armor, Son"
    185th Cadian Armored Div.

"One Shot, One Kill"
    Western Border Patrol of Athel Loren

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

Aether-Moose I do that too... sometimes not all! It is kind of distracting to have other people in the appartment! But I can't get separated by my fiance for the minis :cry: !!!
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Paintwater cup != tea mug catbarf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x2)

This is why I dip my models in Minwax. No shading or highlighting required. Just paint, dip, done.
    If you think Mathammer doesn't work and dice cannot be predicted, there's a whole field of mathematics called probability that would like to disagree.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast