Bullpup Rifles - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bullpup Rifles

Paintwater cup != tea mug catbarf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x2)

Bullpup Rifles

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone has converted any of the 40k weaponry into a 'bullpup' form. Bullpup form is simply where the handle is placed in front of the magazine, with other technical details you wouldn't model.

If you think Mathammer doesn't work and dice cannot be predicted, there's a whole field of mathematics called probability that would like to disagree.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there,

Yeah, I've done a few bull pup designs. a couple of ways you could start is taking a SM bolter, cutting off the magazine and feeder area, moving the pistol grip forward only as far as the foregrip, and then replacing the mag at the rear of the gun.

The othe rkey part I typically use is the Tau Drone Carbine. The back end of it already kind of looks like a magazine was stuck up into it, so why not use it!?! Try doing a search for weapons or weapons conversions. I posted a pic here a while ago. I forget if it has a bullpup style on it or not.

I've looked at the L81, L85, OCIW, and other bullpup designs for inspiration. Bullpup is awkward to convert cleanly, but making a top feed - like the P89 (Stargate SG1) is killer. It can be done tho. Good luck!
    ~Peace only comes through superior firepower. Now Reload Dammit!
    ~Fight smarter, not harder!
    "Hold your fire until you see the whites of their eyes!...Oh screw it! It's not like these lowest bid lasguns are going to do anything anyway. Open Fire!" ~ Lt. Marcus Aurileus Cashain'tus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

The elysians from forgeworld have bullpup style lasguns that can be ordered in the elysian weapon packs (actually all of the elysian weapons are pretty nice)

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog...OP_TROOPS.html
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x2)

I'm thinking as soon as my lasguns come off Ebay, I'm going to convert some bullpups. I'll remove the stock and most of the barrel (to cut down length), and switch the positions of the handle and magazine.
    If you think Mathammer doesn't work and dice cannot be predicted, there's a whole field of mathematics called probability that would like to disagree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

as above, I have elysians who have bulpup rifles, but you need to think carefully, the accuracy of a solid projectile weapon (modern firearms) is dependant on barrel length, the barrel starts above and to the fore of the magazine as (weather open or closed bolt, gas or blowback opperated) the slide picks up the next round as it travels forwards, seatign it at the bas of the barrel, hence with a traditional rifle, the length of the gun= barrel length +magazine + grip/trigger+stock (and a little room for manouver), the point of bulpup is to incorperated the mah into the stock, thereby eityher shortening the rifle for the same length of barrel, or giving you a longer barrel for the same length of rifle

But- this only applies to modern projectile firearms, since light travels in a straight line, a lasgun does no need a barrel, the quality of the workmanship governs accuracy and sight re-alignment, in the absence of things rattling around can compensate for poor workmanship, therefore the length of barrel on a lasgun is immaterial, there is no need to bulp and actually a bulpup rifle is slightly less conveniant to change mags on

Also be aware that accurace is not that desirable in some weapons, it is broadly accepted that when the SA80 was asopted by the British army, the section support weapon (LSW) was too accurate, far better to spry an area with a support weapon, creating suppression then hit than stich a straight line from a single point upwards with recoil, hence despite arguements about common components, GMPGs are still broadly used
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x2)

Oh yes... I know my gun stuff :yes:

With a laser-based weapon, the main issue with the accuracy is the focusing of the beam. The less focused it is, the less damaging, and the faster it diffuses through the air.

With plasma, the issue is magnetic bottling- making sure the plasma bolt can retain coherency over distance.

Railguns have a similar problem with the damage and accuracy being determined by number of magnetic accelerator coils, and the number of those is dependent on length of the barrel.

The Elysian guns look good, I'm just not sure about the Cadian ones being modified to bullpup form.
    Last edited by catbarf; April 21st, 2007 at 04:09.

+ Reply to Thread