Belial, Master of the Deathwing conversion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

Belial, Master of the Deathwing conversion

So I finished my Belial conversion the other day and am quite happy with him! I have started painting him and will have pics up as soon as he is done! The left arm I carved off of Logan Grimar. The sword is from the old edition of The Emperor's Champion. I didnt want just any ordinary storm bolter so I went with a dual bolter convertion, the strap is off of a space marine captain model. The other parts were taken from terminator spru and the regular Dark Angel standard of course. I am giving him wings because I think it will be an awesome and dramatic addition that will make an outstanding centerpiece of my DA army! What do you all think?

Kendo's DA's, Eldar, and stuff WIP
    Dark Angels: W-22 D-4 L-5 High Elves W-8 L-1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

Ooh, very nice, how much?

[/Borat]

Good job! Those wings are perfect!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firstly, I'll say what I like about the model.
    The sword arm. It looks posed just a little bit further back than it should be, which gives a good impression of motion, like he was sweeping it around in an attack, or giving an order to move forward.
    Just make sure that when you paint his eyes, they're at the extreme right to follow the rightward motion of his arm.

And now the things I don't like.
    The base. He just doesn't seem to be standing on it properly. There seems to be a gap under the left foot, and the right foot is barely on the base at all.

And the wings I think are a bit over board. Way too big and they'd serve no practical purpose other than to get in the way.

You're off to a good start though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

124 (x3)

Firstly, I'll say what I like about the model.
    The sword arm
    I spent quite a bit of time on it as I had to cut off so much excess metal to get the arm fully in tact off of the Grimnar model.

......and the eyes.....aw yes eyes....i can never get them turn out how I want....but we will see lol

And now the things I don't like.
    The base.
    I noticed the same thing about this pic, and when I was putting the base together. This is mainly because non of it is glued to anything in this pic. There is a metal rod running from his right foot through the "rock" and into the base. When I glued him into place on the base I took into account the very thing that you noticed.

The wings.....yes the wings. I have not painted them yet but also looked at what I had painted so far and thought that the model looked just fine without them. We will see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice. I would add one small thing... the shield protecting his sword arm joint needs something. Take a look at the DA/Deathwing & Ravenwing sprues, maybe some feathers could suggest the wings without having to add the wings.

I am using the Termi Captain model with the banner pole replaced with the large robed angel icon from the RW sprue, two of them back to back. I also put him on a big hunk of gothic looking rubble from the urban basing kit.

Have fun!

Homer
    Last edited by Homer S; April 18th, 2007 at 16:26.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

124 (x3)

the shield protecting his sword arm joint needs something
    I plan on painting on the deathwing symbol onto the sheild. I would like to get some feathers to add though like you said. I would most likely have to work on sculpting some of my own though as I dont have the money to spend on anything else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

All in all it still looks awesome Kendo, definately rep cool...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

+ Reply to Thread