Ork Leman Russ Conversions? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ork Leman Russ Conversions?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make a Leamn Russ look orky with not haveing to use alot of bits? (i dont have a very big bits box...)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by omgitsbob View Post
    Does anyone have any ideas on how to make a Leamn Russ look orky with not haveing to use alot of bits? (i dont have a very big bits box...)
    I saw one once that had little to no bits at all. Guy just drilled holes in it with a pin vise, and painted it up like "unrepaired damage." Paint jobs help, too. Make the "showroom finish" look VERY old, rusted, and dirty. Also helps to paint orky "graffiti" on it (no four-letter words, though, if you wanna enter any tournaments). Doesn't matter if it looks like a first-grader scrawled it on... in fact, that makes it look better.

If you wanna add something to it, try plasticard. One sheet all cut up can look like armor plating that got welded as a "band-aid" over a hole, etc. Two stems of sprue with plasticard in between it can be a banner of some kind. Paint something orky and imaginative on it.

Even a single ork head, attached to virtually any torso, can act as a "driver" too, if you're really desperate.
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

I think Plasticard is your best option here because it does not cost that much and you can make awesome thins with it after some trail&error.

Otherwise you could ask someone who plays 40k chaos if he has stuff from his vehicle spikysprue over....Orks love spikes

"I could calculate your chance of survival, but you won't like it."
    "Shut up! Sit your ass down in that chair and DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!" - Cid FFVII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Alright, as I have spent a rather significant amount of time converting my russ I'll tell you what I've done so maybe that can help.

First off, no matter how small you bits box I'm sure you can find something useful somewhere to strap to the hull. In my case I found the remains of an old vehicle hull and strapped it to the side (allthough this could easily be done with plasticard.) If you have any Fantasy orcs the standard skull works wonders as a figurehead to the tank. If you use grots in your army (and there is no reason you shouldn't) you can always find a few spares to have clinging on for dear life, firing sponsons or "repairing" the tank.

Blast holes also add to the character of the tank. The sides and front of my Russ are litterally covered in holes (to a point, much more would just be superfluous) make sure they look suitably burned. I did these with a modelling knife but a a drill would work just as well.

Find a Tau player and see if you can get him to give you (or sell you) a spare Ion Cannon from his hammerhead. I have yet to met a player who uses it over the railgun so most have piles. Then you cut off most of the gun until you have just the "engine" looking part and use it as a motor on your russ. (mine is placed instead of the grate right behind the turret.)

Another fun thing to do is find alternative guns for sponsons, hull mounts and the battlecannon. On the sponsons and hull I have a pair of converted big shootas and a looted heavy stubber. As for the battlecannon I've bodily removed the old one (using it as a smokestack at the back of the vehicle) and strapped a cities of death smokestack as the cannon. Needless to say the cannon looks rediculously huge, but thats why I like it so much.

Oh and an ork popping out the top is almost key to making it looted, it don't look proppa without at least one boy showin' up.

I'll post some pictures of it eventually to
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Russbot

I am quite the fan of the "Russbot" Basically you create a mini stompa out of a Leman Russ inverting the body. I will try to get picture up from mine tonight if i can find my connection cable for my camera
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h4...Demolisher.jpg
    That;s a guy's around here named Caswell. He has some good tutorials on his site - www.freewebs.com/rebreather

I'm back.

+ Reply to Thread