Making Captain Garro and co. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Proud banner bearer of LO Codicier_Valkus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making Captain Garro and co.

As part of the celebration of WD being around for 30 years, there will be games of Warhammer 30k, with the movie marines rules in some of the games. So what the store would like to see people do is get five marines or so and make some pre-heresey marines from around that time. I have around a month to do this.

Once I have some money, I will get a combat squad box, or maybe even a chaos marine box instead, but maybe not as the Death Guard aren't very decorated, another option is an assualt marine box as they have more non knee pad legs which is prefrable and less purity seals to remove, or none even and means more dynamic posing.

As well as Garro I would like to make Sgt. Hakur, Apothacary Voyen, Decius (the powerfist dude) and two other loyalist Death Guard.

I'd like to hear what bits I should use to create them with as much accuracy as possible, if I can get money and parts then I will start a project log for all to view. All suggestions welcome!

"Fight for justice, not revenge."
    FoW Gepanzerte Panzergrenadiers who took a wrong turn at Tunisia and magically appeared in Normandy as Panzer Lehr: Wins: 11 Losses: 8

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Second Company Apothecary SentryKiller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Great idea... I'm assuming you are going for Decius in the first half of the book, instead of the second half?
    Quote Originally Posted by Montford981
    How can an entire army of intolerant, homicidal female pyromaniacs not be fun?

Dear All Concerned... yourtimehascome's Avatar
    I am everywhere and nowhere, sometimes at the same time.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

I think you should go with Bwbits on this one. it would help you get a lot of those no knee pad legs.

As for the other stuff, I say get some loyalist SM pieces from bwbits and buy a normal chaos box set. Go from there!

-YTHC
    Fluff Master

You are not your avatar. You are not your knowledge of the rules or your last article. You are not your post count. You are not your rep. You are not your title. You are not your blog. You are not your painting or modeling skills. You are not your location, rating, profile comments, friends or armies. You are not your signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about you order some bits and then get the command squad. It comes with power fists, and old shoulder pads, apoth. stuff, and other goodies. Also Garro was highly decorated because he was the battle whatever captain of the 7th so he does have that eagle on his chest plate. But the command squad would be best because you can get the sword and call it libertias or however its spelled.

Erik Moraki's Great Company 16/4/7
    Borgut "SBD" GreatStrider's Ogres 6/1/2
    An'Gorath's World Eaters 3/0/2
    Sigurd GreatFang's Wulfen Host 7/4/3

Proud banner bearer of LO Codicier_Valkus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To make Libertas, I will use a nice big sword, whilst Garro will have CSM legs, a single headed eagle plate conversion, as the double head was exclusive to the Emperor's Children and the Emperor himself. I still don't have an exact budget worked out, but I suspect it will be £18 to £20 at best.....
    This is getting my mind ticking in the right way, it'll be a couple of days until I can get the money, so expect a project log in a while.
    "Fight for justice, not revenge."
    FoW Gepanzerte Panzergrenadiers who took a wrong turn at Tunisia and magically appeared in Normandy as Panzer Lehr: Wins: 11 Losses: 8

Dear All Concerned... yourtimehascome's Avatar
    I am everywhere and nowhere, sometimes at the same time.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

Just had another idea. Why not put the normal torsos, termie legs, termie arms and normal head and backpack. I think with some adonments that would look preety cool.

-YTHC
    Fluff Master

You are not your avatar. You are not your knowledge of the rules or your last article. You are not your post count. You are not your rep. You are not your title. You are not your blog. You are not your painting or modeling skills. You are not your location, rating, profile comments, friends or armies. You are not your signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

Garro and friends did not wear termi armour as I believe that this was an honour bestowed only on the first company. As far as the pieces are concerned look into the earlier mk armor and helmets from the BT line on battlewagon bits as well as the command squad. This should give you a good selection. Also for Libertas I could see the sword arm from the metal Emporer's Champion working well with a bolter in the other hand to represent the "True Grit" ability.

As far as the colors are concerned I would do Boltgun metal > Chainmail for the base color and Dark Angels > Snot Green for the trim.

Eager to see what you can do!
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

+ Reply to Thread