Converting a Land Raider to a LRC - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Converting a Land Raider to a LRC

I am wondering if anyone has done a conversion from a base land raider to a LRC? I have two Land Raiders at the moment and have decided to go about converting one, but am a bit lost when it comes to the hurricane bolters. I plan to make the TL assault cannons and multi-melta in a similar fashion to what WolfRaider did in his conversion (pictures here).

Has anyone scratch built the hurricane bolter sponsons themselves? I am loathe to bits order them both due to cost and the horror stories I have heard from people assembling them. I have a good range of spare bits available, but am not too keen on just butchering 12 bolters for the sake of scale.

I'll post (hopefully step by step) pictures when I make progress on this. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Games Workshop is the Wal-Mart of hobby products, except for the low prices. The lack of respect and profit mongering is there in spades.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well first off i wouldnt do this , i would just itz order , bu if you really want to , i would get 2 storm sheilds , 12 bolters , 6 ammo clip thingies that hb's have ( vechile ones prefered , ) , some sort of ammo box , and someplasticard . THen go from there .

Good Luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

There's a conversion in the painting forums where assault cannons have been used to replace the regular hurricane bolters. They still look like assault cannons, but are representing the Hurricane bolters in game terms. It certainly makes the LR look more dangerous. Have a look and see what you think

Link (Grey Knights, Exterminators and...a very special Land Raider)
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
    There's a conversion in the painting forums where assault cannons have been used to replace the regular hurricane bolters. They still look like assault cannons, but are representing the Hurricane bolters in game terms. It certainly makes the LR look more dangerous. Have a look and see what you think

Link (Grey Knights, Exterminators and...a very special Land Raider)
    Thank you Ancalagon, that is along the lines of what I have in mind. I am thinking that rather than going with TL-assault cannons (which looked ot be the bits from the actual LRC) on each side I might go with 2 TL-3-barrel minigun style mounts on either side (4 guns per side). Have to try greenstuffing a couple and seeing how they come out. We'll see, I hope to make some progress in the next 2 weeks.
    Games Workshop is the Wal-Mart of hobby products, except for the low prices. The lack of respect and profit mongering is there in spades.

+ Reply to Thread