Couldabeen a Joe Nobody winner - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

Couldabeen a Joe Nobody winner

Sometimes things just work out right, sometimes not.
    This is the pre-prime WIP of what would have been my Joe Nobody painting contest entry....if a painting stuff up hadn't occured, and I'd had the time (and inclination) to strip it down and start again.
    The idea behind the contest was to paint up just an ordinary trooper, the kind of guy you wouldn't think twice about removing from the table as a casualty.
    My thought behind this one was "Why would I want to remove one of MY models, when I can remove one of "theirs" instead?"

Technically he's still a Joe Nobody, but not one of my Joe's.
    The look I was going for wasn't so much of a "I've been shot, I'm dead" attitude, so much as a "You dared to shoot me? Now I'm MAD!", type bellowing roar; with an unfortunate Empire swordman's shield (and half his arm) showing just how dangerous an enraged beastman can be.

Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Looking good Scott! How nasty was the painting cock up? Really like the conversion.

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

How bad was it? Well that depends on how bad a completely unexpected arm twitch sounds to you. A broad slash of (unthinned) boltgun metal isn't the easiest thing to clean off a model. Wiping the paint off and trying to rinse the residue off didn't really help, it left him all......sparkly in the crevices; and I'm not a particularly patient person at the best of times, let alone when I'm annoyed....he survived the frustration, but it completely ruined my mood for painting.
    Unfortunately he's not a 40K model, where it could be explained as uncovered cybernetic augmentation.
    I'll strip him down at some point and give painting him another go.
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

+ Reply to Thread