Welcome to Librarium Online!
Any ideas/tips/guides on how to make Wolf Guard Terminators from the new Terminator box? Call me a Dark Angel, but I just hate the models they have for Wolf Guard right now.
Pain is life, while I feel pain I still live, and while I still live I will seek vengance.We are few but strong in will
The last with pagan blood
We fought the world with burning steel
Now we sit in Hall of Gods
You could do the obvious and load them up with furs, pelts and as much wolf iconography as you can find. That would look fairly sweet (if a little standard) IMO.
"Da mekz 'ave made you da best armour coz you're da best ork"
It shouldn't be too hard to convert the plastic termies to look like space wolves termies. There are a few ways to go about this, the first being Forgeworld, who sell shoulder pads and torsos for SW terminators. Expensive but they are cool. Here be the link---> Forge World SPACE MARINE INFANTRY ACCESSORIES
Alternatively you could make your own. There are plenty of SW parts out there that you could apply to terminators in order the give them a SW feel. Have a browse around the SW range of models and see what you could use. Following are a few ideas for conversions:
- Beards. If you model a few of the termies without helmets you could apply GS to the heads to give them long hair, beards and fangs.
- Tooth necklaces. An easy GS job to add a few of these, and they fit very well with SW iconography.
- Shoulder pads - You can paint or model the SW symbol onto the right shoulderpad of each terminator. In addition to this you could hang tooth necklaces, pelts and other SW type icon from them.
- Furs - those funny fur things that lots of SWs wear - apply liberally to the termies
- Capes/loincloth - scult a few of these on with GS (or buy plastic ones and stick them on). As your doing SW they should be made from wolf pelts or fur of some kind.
- Wolf skulls - A couple of these are available in the SW range. Stick them to appropriate parts of the models. A nice idea would be to scupt some GS over the crux terminatus skull to turn it from a human skull into a wolf one.
- Back banner - use a suitable back banner from the SW range for the sergeant. Or make your own.
- Base - snowy bases always go with SW. Depends on how you intend to base the rest of your army however.
Hope these ideas help mate. Post some pictures when you finish:yes:.
I was given my friends remnants of his assault on black reach box, aka the SMs, he bought it to add onto his ork army for reasons I don't know, but I've taken a shining to the space wolves and decided to incorporate the two, albeit the black reach terminator armor might be of a different mark
I grew concerned that the two wouldn't encorporate, and despite d/w lightning claws I still felt they lacked 'puppy appeal'
...that was until I found this thread, I completely negated the additional wolf tails and knife bits included with the SW terminator sprues and my fear of the crux has been deminished as well, I thought about fudging one up with 'battle damage, but that works for maybe one or two mini's;
even though I have never worked with green stuff before, I'll have to give that a shot and possibly post pictures if I'm feeling shameless
(disclaimer: I recognize that these posts were made before the space wolves had their ...reprocessing, but I still find this knowledge incredibly valuble for anyone out there like myself)