[CONTEST] Machines of War - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

[CONTEST] Machines of War

Congratulations to Undeadair, and his old style Ultramarine, for winning the Joe Nobody contest last month. His entry has already been added to the Hall of Honour. And onto his choice for this month's contest.

** Machines of War **

This month’s contest is all about the machines of war, hence the title. These things are used to devastate the enemy from afar, showering them with explosives or even acidic materials/liquids, or perhaps they are for transport? Whatever their use, they’re allowed in this contest. Be it a Helblaster from the Empire, a Warp-Lightning Cannon from the Skaven, a drop pod from the Marines or even a jetbike of the elder. All are welcome in this month’s contest.

If there is any confusion, you know the usual drill – ask for clarification in the thread or via PM; Undeadair and myself will attempt to answer your questions as clearly as possible. Also, in the case of certain machines there will be a crew (namely fantasy), these are included in the event. You don’t have to paint the crew, but it might help.

Closing date is: Sunday 3rd June 2007 - 23:59pm (GMT)

So there you have it. New one up and a quite good one. Lets see what you got, and I hope it's as good as the last one!

Rules

People entering have one month in which to design, build and paint a single based model to the theme set. Members will be expected to post their pictures which will then be placed into a thread for voting. It is done so that people can improve their skills, and try out things. And purely for fun, there is no prize or anything, just the fun of it

1.) Models from any manufacturer as is allowed, as are scratch built models.

2.) There is one month to each project.

3.) One base (any size) per entry... Multiple models permanently fixed to the single base are allowed. No armies on display boards though. Ignore this one this month

4.) Models painted within the time frame are looked upon favourably. (It is of course impossible for us to check). Please use this competition to come up with a new idea.

5.) Pictures can be no wider than700 pixels

6.) Maximum of two pictures can be posted. Single pictures of multiple views (montages) are allowed.

7.) The organisers of the competition have the right to refuse entry to any applicant if they feel it doesn't meet the criteria

8.) Voting. It is considered bad sportsmanlike to vote for yourself. You are voting on what you think is the most original, unique, clever conversion with the most groundbreaking painting techniques.

And good luck to all!!

KU

Last edited by King Ulrik Flamebeard; May 14th, 2007 at 00:41.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Oh boy! Just what I was hoping for!
    Current Projects:
    - Watch this space.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Might just as well ask it before anyone else does:

Can I use other models then GW? Is Confrontation Ok?

How long time do I have until deadline?

Can I use a model I painted already?

How big pictures can I post?

How many pics is Ok?

Is a Necron Warrior a warmachine?

Do I need to read the rules?

Is it Ok if I ask the same question again and again, even though you've answered it already?

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Andusciassus View Post
    Might just as well ask it before anyone else does:

Can I use other models then GW? Is Confrontation Ok?

How long time do I have until deadline?

Can I use a model I painted already?

How big pictures can I post?

How many pics is Ok?

Is a Necron Warrior a warmachine?

Do I need to read the rules?

Is it Ok if I ask the same question again and again, even though you've answered it already?
    Most are answered in the rules, so yes you do need to read them.

I forgot to add the deadline in my hast, I'll edit after this. So, questions - 1-5, 7 and 8 are answered in the original thread. As to the necron.. no. Think bigger. -__^

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by King Ulrik Flamebeard View Post
    Most are answered in the rules, so yes you do need to read them.

I forgot to add the deadline in my hast, I'll edit after this. So, questions - 1-5, 7 and 8 are answered in the original thread. As to the necron.. no. Think bigger. -__^

KU
    a Destroyer :ninja:

Hmmm i think this is a good time to repaint my Monolith :w00t:

"I could calculate your chance of survival, but you won't like it."
    "Shut up! Sit your ass down in that chair and DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!" - Cid FFVII

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Oh, man...

I really needed to keep study week free for study. There goes that plan.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Count me in. I do need to paint a vehicle and I have NOTHING to paint..except those countless numbers of minis that are half painted. Anyway, Maybe a rhino, or a LR is in hand? Well, as always I do have one question...Are SM Bikes all right? Is conversion allowed? Can I completely sculpt a vehicle?(YES I know that is a retarded question and YES I know I need to be slapped for it.)

-J

I'm back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

Awesome

Awesome! now I have some motivation to paint my Giant Reever-sized Titan. Muh hu hu ha ha ha.
    (Is a titan allowed?)

Count me in. So far I've painted a hand, only 95% more model to paint:shifty:
    That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

706 (x8)

I promised myself that my next completed project would be my unit of Wild Riders, so there's a decent chance I won't enter this contest.

Of course, if I can get myself motivated to get some elves done pretty quickly, I've got a Warmachine figure I've been dying to paint. I'll have to put myself firmly in the "maybe" slot for the time being.

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

A wraithlord could be considered a construct of war yeah? I mean, it is a warmachine, one thats inhabited by the soul of a not quite departed eldar warrior yeah?

Might if I enter one of those? Just started painting one yesterday, thats all.
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast