fell bats, dire wolves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fell bats, dire wolves

i play a vampire count army with 3 units of 4 fellbats. i relay do not like the module, they just don't look good in my opinion. i wanted to know if any one had any ideas on an alternate module that would fit. to expand i have also thought of making them gargoyles. i am fairly adapt at using green stuff so if you think a mini would work but needs conversion do not hesitate to post.

the same goes with dire wolves. while i don't mind the module so much i would like it if they looked better, again same with the bats i like to convert models so if you find some thing that almost works post it. also if you have a neat counts as concept for the wolves post, i briefly entertained the idea of zombie cavalry or the dreaded super zombie.

if you find a module that is not a GW module but think it might fit post. i never go to the super strict grand tournaments so that does not concern me. i prefer to have a relay cool looking army, because lets face it some of GW’s older stuff is lackluster in comparison to some outer companies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Hey mate.

Reaper have a good selection of models for this type of thing:

Bats--->Reaper's Asylum Online Store
    Wolves--->Reaper's Asylum Online Store

There are several pages for each, both have models on which could be what you're looking for.

One idea you could try is to convert some skaven. With a decent amount of work a few skaven rats could be made to look like bats - or even horrible mutated creatures with wings that count as bats. If you wanted to stray away from bats then you could buy some hawks (or other flying creature from any army) and deathify it up a little - then you have some horrible mockery of the creature you choose in undead form

Wolves I should imagine could be converted from any model with a similar shape. Chaos hounds might be a good starting point for conversions for example.

Hope some of these ideas helped mate. Good luck with the converting, please post up some pictures when you are finished:yes:!

Cheers,
    Rich.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Have you thought about the LotR bat swarms? I think they're superb models.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the links some of thoes modles are very nice, i am so going to replace my two banshees with the "ayasa, ghost" and "kaena, banshee" modles, and i like the idea of deathifying modles. a freind recomended furies or harpys with stone like paint jobs, but i think thay might be two small.

Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x5)

Anyone seen Van Helsing? Do you remember the flying, female vampires from the movie?

To convert my Fell Bats, I took wings from Furies, some spare arms that I had lying around and put them on Daemonettes. I had to file off some rending talons and horns, but the results were very pleasing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

You could try these as Dire wolves. Dark Eldar warp beasts. Games Workshop Online Store — Dark Eldar Warp Beasts (2 models)The idea could be that they are horrific necromantic, skinless things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psyan, thats a good idea i have allways liked the new Daemonette modle, i might do that.

Leech, i like the bodys of the dark eldar warp beasts. but the heads never dit it for me, though that would be a neet little project. i bet i could transplant gobo wolfrider heads and green stuff patches of fur on body, sort of a flayd corpse. that might be cool.

+ Reply to Thread