Soul Drinkers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Soul Drinkers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Soul Drinkers

hi guys
    what is the colour scheme used for soul drinkers
    i know gold
    and is any of the foundation paint near their colours
    i was think of liche purple base and wizard purple highlights

thanks for ya input

Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

Actually, the Soul Drinkers colour scheme is actually Purple and Bone (the chapter iconography is metallic and somewhat reflective so it appears slightly gold when the light reflects off it). But yeah, I'd go with a Liche base and then Warlock highlights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

You could always use the cover art from their trilogy as a starting point-Just a suggestion. <---- see linky.

As for me, Liche purple is a little too light, maybe for highlights on the deeper purple. Good luck to ya!
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

There is a purple in the foundation paints and can be used for a base coat. Its too light and uncolourful (all foundation paints are like this) to be left as is. I would then repaint the guys in liche purple. Then i would highlight to a mix of liche purple and warlock purple. As it was said earlier warlock purple is too light. Have fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

264 (x6)

Okay, I checked Wiki and it seems the "actual" Chapter colours are purple with bone trim on the shoulder pads and gold detail otherwise. Also, their chapter badge is gold. Yeah, sorry about the mix up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

I have painted up a few Soul Drinkers. some of the art work on the book hints at a paler purple but the text seems to suggest a darker more rich purple. That is what I did - a darker purple. You can take purple blend in some bone to lighten it for the highlights and then glaze it with watered down purple ink.

As to the color scheme though it is bone and purple. I personally would reserve the purple fo rmore important figures rather than just the standard marine. Those would be bone.

Here are a couple I did including Sarpedon - I am still quite convinced from reading an actual quote from the book (first book I believe) that he indeed has the abdomen of a spider as well as the legs as he is cleary described as looking like a spider centaur. Sorry for the picture quality - they were taken several years ago and I don't have the figures to re-take pictures... More can be found here:

Sarpedon Pictures

More soul drinkers:

Again sorry for the picture qualities. They are rather old. But should give you a general idea of the color scheme I went for.

Cheers,

-Mike
    Last edited by slorak; May 17th, 2007 at 19:26.

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Ash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    333 (x5)

Nice pix Slorax, I especially like your 'Luko'.

I used 'Royal purple' from Vallejo, highlighted with GW 'Bubonic brown' and knocked back with several thin purple washes.

Hope this of some use.

Ash

Ash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    333 (x5)

Last posting appeared twice

+ Reply to Thread