Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Here is my little Guide to makeing your own Mini Gorgon AKA MG!!!!!THE TANK SHOW IN PICTURES IS A LITTLE BIGGER THAN THE GUIDE!!!!!You will need,
1x IG Chimera tank + bits from your bits box
A power drill/hand drill- 2-3mm dril bit to match your plastic rod
Plastic card Sizes 0.50mm, 0.70mm, 3-4mm and a plastic tube/rod 2-3mm wide.
Plastic glue, Super Glue, Green Stuff, Knife, Sandpaper/file, Ruler
(Mask-if working with resin parts)
- First you will need your Chimera tank. Then take of both Side panels And file down them down so there is no lumps etc.
- Now you have sanded them down join the sides to the othere ones as in the construction booklet
- Now you need to make the floor area to do this get your 3-4mm plactic card and cut out 2inc by 3inc square.
- Now you need to make the back end of the MG look @ section 3 in the construction booklet
- join the parts together then cut witha ruler just of were the back end is
- Now you need to make some side panels get your 3-4mm plastic card Do 3inc lond by 2inc high you need to make 2 of these
- With the ramp do it 3inc long by how long you want it high. Get your plastic rod and cut it 3 and a half inc long add this to you door part and then add 3 strips of 0.70mm plastic card to git as in picture then drill some holes in each side of the panels were the door will fit
- Join the plastic card (floor, door etc togeter and sides) as in picture And Greenstuff any gapes and smoth down
- Now you have the bases of the Mini Gorgon aka MG
- Now all you have to do is add hatches Traks and any thing you can think of to add to it...PICTURE OF MY FIRST MG for my DKoK
http://www.librarium-online.com/forumsHope this guide is ok it is my first iv made and any more info just ask
Very good. Interesting piece of info here. I'm not sure if I'll be making a mini Gorgon any time soon but this is still very handy stuff to know. Also helpful to see other people try there things so that they can make expensive mistakes and not us HA HA HA.
Again very handy information.
That works brilliantly as a Chimera variant :yes:
I may have to use that idea Rep2u!
Cheers for the comments and rep
I would love for this thread to be a "sticky post"
Thats a very cleaver idea.
Looks like a tracked landing craft.
Well just woundering if any one has used this guide to make there own up? if so can you post some pictur(s)
Nice tutorial. The best thing about these kind of threads is that they get the ole brain juices flowing. This looks like a pretty good template for doing general tracked vehicle conversions. I might put it to use for converting chaos rhinos, just for flare.
Spambot kill tally. . .337
for got to add pictures of the finished tank.MG
DSCF1691.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
DSCF1667.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
DSCF1671.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
DSCF1665.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
DSCF1670.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
hope you like.