Banners - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Banners

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Banners

What's the best method for making custom banners? I have it made on Photoshop but I need to know the best material to put it on and what to have it supported by. They're gonna be attached to the backs of Guardsmen (Valhallans) and fastened to Leman Russes. If there's a thread on this already, just link me too it because I didn't see any. Thanks. :ninja:

Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It all depends on what style of banner you are going for.

If you are going for a regulation warhammer banner, as per the SM standard bearer, or perhaps the IG regimental banner as carried by Jerran Kell, I would recoment using thin plasticard, and carefully heating it with a hair dryer or similar to get a wind ripple effect, then attaching it to some brass or plastruct rod in a "T" shape for the SM type, or just a pole for the Jerran Kell style and paint the design on.

If you want a more Japanese sort of banner (sort of upside down J, you will know it if you see it), then you can get away with just paper and a paperclip, if you are willing to spend the time.

You could always try raiding some friendly space marine bits boxes for the small backpack banners as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I was pretty much looking for the T pole with a banner that hangs down. I just pretty much just gonna glue it to every Sarge's back for my IG army. So plasticard and copper rods?
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.

By the Silver Sword! Stormchaser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x3)

Why not try using Space marine back banners?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

I want them bigger and from what I'm remembering, those things are hella small.

+ Reply to Thread