Grav-Chimaera conversion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grav-Chimaera conversion

I am currently thinking about converting a Chimaera or Rhino variant for my Inquisitorial retinue to ride in. The twist here is that it will fly using ancient grav technology.

Firstly, does anyone have any advice or ideas on how to do this? So far I was thinking of splicing the chimaera and landspeeder sprues to make a tank with the landspeeder cockpit and chimaera body (less the track stuff), the landspeeder engines on the sides, and four Frag Launchers from the Land Raider Crusader on the underside for grav-assist pads.

Secondly, I know I have seen a flying Chimarea conversion, for a drop company I think, possibly in an issue of White Dwarf. I can't seem to locate it though, so if anyone knows where I could find a pic or two, I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Paintwater cup != tea mug catbarf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x2)

1. Take a tank of your choice.
    2. Remove the tracks, and GS where the tracks normally go.
    3. Attach two 'sheets' of tracks side-by-side.
    4. Cut these into sections, and mount them on the corners of the tank, facing diagonally upwards, bending around the corner.

Gives a pretty good look. Just keep in mind that IG use of grav-vehicles is considered heretical.
    If you think Mathammer doesn't work and dice cannot be predicted, there's a whole field of mathematics called probability that would like to disagree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The IG probably be a little unsure about a grav tank, but seing as it will belong to an Inquisitor, it should be fine. The space marines seem to be unearthing all kinds of jetbikes and so on that they weren't supposed to have, not to mention that they have the landspeeder already, which definitely flies.

Fluff wise, the Inquisitor will either be perfectly normal with some friends in the Adeptus Mechanicus, or something of a radical, probably getting the vehicle modified by Tau, Eldar, or other races with advanced gravitational technologies.

Do you happen to have a picture of that, as I am having a little difficulty visualising it at the moment?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x2)

There was an article a while ago in a WD about an Airborne Catachan Army.

The best I could find was this:

Warhammer 40,000 - Space Marines - Land Speeder

An article from the french GW homepage about a converted SM skimmer. Does that kind of look like what you want to do?
    Shut up and play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Lamenter. It wasn't quite what I was meaning, but now that I have seen it, I may well go and try making one instead; I like it that much. May have to do something about the pilots though.

Have some well deserved Rep

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Heresy! Heresy! *Grabs torches and pitch-forks
    All grav-tech is considered heretical, but since Space Marines stand "outside" of the Imperium's control they can use them.
    Altough reading several 40k books, it appears that civilan use of grav tech is legal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mighty Camel View Post
    [...]
    Altough reading several 40k books, it appears that civilan use of grav tech is legal.
    I think it mostly depends on the world the people are from and if they still have the knowledge to build/maintain them.

in most parts of the Imperium it is probably not understood and as such heretical.
    Shut up and play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

No, it has been decreed by the Adeptus Mechanicus that usage of anti-grav technology is heretical and thus outlawed in all of the Imperium. Even then some authors use grav-veichles in certain books (the Eisenhorn trilogy comes to my attention).

+ Reply to Thread