Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
So, I'm buildling a techmarine and I decided to make it one with a servo-arm and a plasmapistol. If this is a wise choice to field is pretty much irrelevant as I tend to get a couple more techies.
However, the bits I am using are;
The blood angels honour guard techmarine torso & power axe (link)
The old servo arm backpack, though I have the servo arm severed since I don't like the old model backpack.
I'm not entirely sure how to build it. I'm thinking of either using a new model Backpack, somehow attach the arm to the pack and give the Techmarine a pistol in hand. My other idea would be to make the servo arm his left arm and model the Plasma pistol on his backpack as if it were shouldermounted.
Any other idea's or suggestions? Anybody every done a shouldermounted weapon on a marine? Apart from the huge shouldermounted heavy bolters that is, which were around back in the day.
Dear All Concerned,
Well, if you have seen me through the forums, good to see you again, if we have not, then hello!
So, I like the idea of a shoulder mounted plasma pistol (yes, I have done something like it!). What you could do is this:
1.For the shoulder mounted plasma pistol, heres what you do. First, get yourself a paperclip and some GS. Roll the GS into a thin cord to look like wire (if you have gardening wire or real electric wire you can use that). For the paperclip, cut it into small pieces and glue them into a tri-pod shape. I will try to make a picture for you. YOu glue this tripod to the shoulderpad, then attach the plasma gun to the tip of he tripod. Use the wire to connect it to the backpack. If you really want to go all out, you can make a wire connecting his helmet wih the gun.
2.For the are, take a normal SM arm, cut it at the elbow (below the elbow) and you can either make one out of plasticard or attach a sword to act as a drill.
Hope this helped!
yourtimehascome recommends finding someone with more rep/experience to ask questions, but if you need any help, my PM button is your friend.
You are not your avatar. You are not your knowledge of the rules or your last article. You are not your post count. You are not your rep. You are not your title. You are not your blog. You are not your painting or modeling skills. You are not your location, rating, profile comments, friends or armies. You are not your signature.
i've got a few ideas...
first the one i nicked from GW:
- removing his right-hand and attaching his plasmagun directly to the wrist on his right arm.
now my own:
- you could make a techmarine as usual and getting a servo skull with a plasmagun attached (i always think that several servo skulls should always accompany a techmarine).
- give 'em 3 arms... make 2 on his rightside to look obviously bionic (by using necron and ironhands parts) and the 1 on the left like a normal SM arm.
- 1 hand holding the axe thingy and the other like a swiss knife or an oblitirator, with 3 different weapons mounted.
- add the plasmagun to his servo arm as a side weapon but coaxially.
- 2 servoarms= 1 with the grabby-bit, 1 with the plasma gun, leaving his hands free
- remove his legs and give him tracks, so he can roll all over the battlefield! :ninja:
Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
Voor alle nederlanders:
The Dutch Legion