Super Awesome Chaos Dreadnought. (pics) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)
    That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

It's as ugly as a peice of malarke on a hot summers day...in that beautiful khorne sort of way...

Wow Koss, that is the stupidest, yet awesomest, set of green giant eyes ever...

I'm back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT72 View Post
    Wow Koss, that is the stupidest, yet awesomest, set of green giant eyes ever...
    (They're glowing green eyes(

BTW, You spelled malarkey wrong. And yes the title was mostly an attention getter.

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

I can't say I'm in love with the eyes. Why did you put them on?

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

I'll split this into two sections for ease.

The Build

Build-wise, you've constructed a good looking model. What you have is a incredibly mutated Dreadnought that would scare...well, anyone. The only gripe I have about the build is in this picture:

The picture isn't very clear but it looks to me like you've used too much glue when attaching the emblem, which has given it that melted, misty look. What I'm about to say should apply to everyone, because I've seen enough models on here that suffer from it.

Use plastic glue and super glue sparingly. You do not need to drown the joint in glue when you stick parts together. On that Chaos emblem for example, all you need is one small dob of glue under the centre of it. When you put the emblem on, the glue will spread underneath without oozing out to the sides and you'll get a nice, flush fit.

The Paintjob

Your paintjob does not do that model justice. The main thing is that it's a boring model in terms of paint and it looks bad. The whole thing is a solid mass of a single colour. I don't know about you but I've never seen a vehicle, real or fantasy, that's one colour.

Paint the fleshy parts in (shock!) flesh colours. Do that and the Dreadnought will not only look more colourful but it will look alive, and I think it's a good guess that this is the effect you want.

Paint that horn with some bone colours! Instant addition of colour and a very good contrast with the red of the armour.

Paint that parchment and put some text on it! All Chaos Dreadnoughts should have some sort of foul, unholy scripture on them and it's pretty easy to do, so do it!

I love this picture. Teeth that look like red lumps of flesh don't chomp Guardsmen in half. Take that pot of Skull White in the background and paint the teeth!

Finally, this is another point that goes to everyone. Paint your bases! Do not, under any circumstances, leave bases unpainted. An unpainted base ruins a model 99% of the time, so paint them!

And get rid of the eyes. If you want glowing eyes, green plasticine is not the way to do it.
    Current Projects:
    - Watch this space.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

Zveroboy has given some really good advice here. I think this model could look so much cooler with some more colors and a little cleanup. The conversion is pretty good, however, so jazzing up the paint job a bit will help bring out the coolness of your hard work.

The eyes are entertaining. It's a giant mutated dread with tusks and a variety of nastiness on it... and some cute green puppy dog eyes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x6)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Kossolax_the_Foresworn View Post
    Made it better as suggested. I have to admit, originally i was just a bit lazy and had this 'Its good enought' attitude.
    That looks a lot better, good job :yes:
    Current Projects:
    - Watch this space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

It does look alot better now, however im sure you can clean it up some more! A simple black wash, concentrated on the joints and cracks will add a ton of definition. Also the red, it looks very shiney. Are you using enamel paint?

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I love to see how you really pick up the advice your given and hereby improving both your skill and your models. That is great.
    I like the Dread too, I'm biased of course - I'm a dread-lover
    You've been given some comments on the eyes, and I agree they do look a bit out of place. At first I thought it was the big green eyes that looked bad, in a general way, but I still liked them somehow:/ wierd...then I gave it some more thought.
    They are but misplaced.
    It's a classic mistake - they are far to high up in the face. Not many (apart from genius artists as myself:ninja knows that eyes are not placed high on the face but rather in it's middle.
    So if you just moved them down to above his tusks (where the first set of two holes are) he'd look far more intimidating and daemonic. Now they give him more of a cartoon-ish look and I'm quite sure that's not what you intended.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast