Dark eldar shadow archon, ideas, possibilities and planning... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Dark eldar shadow archon, ideas, possibilities and planning...

Ok, I would like to create a new type of archon. One that completely is covered with riped cloths, hidden armor underneath and a large scimitar blade is one of his hands that will be handled backwards. For fluff, his name will be Luc'ian, lord of the immortal spirit. Basicly the following:

http://pop.vokr.com/image_charaktery...crowmaster.jpg

Now, so far I found a perfect base model for the conversion, and after some green stuff sculpting there should be a lot of succesfull progress. The following model is what I intend to use...

Does anyone have ideas for a perfect one handed sword that he will be holding in a wield back position, I am looking for something like a big scimitar, or a abnormal katana? Also, any ideas how to make clothes have a really torn up look like in the drawing?

Last edited by WraithGuardian; June 10th, 2007 at 01:33.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Hey mate, sounds like a good idea.

I'm meant to be on a break from the site to revise for finals, but I'm on a revision break and the LO withdrawal shakes are starting to annoy me.

An idea for a random looking sword (perhaps no exactly as you specified but good nonetheless) would be from the casket of souls (link). The two skeletons holding those huge curved swords are what I mean.

As for making the cloak look more segregated. The model you are suggesting looks rather good - I think it would suit your purposes well. If you are to make it look like the figure in the picture, however, you are going to have to do alot of GS work. When you are doing this you could easily sculpt in the neccessary details. Otherwise, in order to get the segregated look onto the cloak-parts that are already on the model, I would take a fine file (a small one) and use it to create gaps in the cloth to achieve the look you require. You could do this with a modelling knife, but I think a file would allow you to be more precise.

Hope this helps mate, can't wait to see how the model turns out.

Cheers,
    Rich

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

The only way i can see to convert the cloak to be all torn like that would be to take a modellers saw and just hack a bunch of rough triangles out of the cloak. Then redo the the edges to be rough and natural looking with green stuff. To add holes to give it an even more war look, make little (tiny tiny tiny) "U" shapes of green stuff then stick it on in a good place and flatten the edges out and kinda shape the crest. When you paint it, leave the whole black. It should look like a tear.

Joe Peshi (lone wolf) kill tally:Lash Sorcerer, Ghazkull, Yriel, Termi Libby, Vulkan.

+ Reply to Thread