Chainsword holsters? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Chainsword holsters?

Hi all:

So as I'm painting my 'crons I have my eye on the next project: a 1,000-point custom Space Marine chapter. Part of that is going to be a 10-man assault marine squad, but I have some ideas to make them look... different.

My question is, what if I have them in a pose (slapping a clip into the pistol, for example) that requires them to not be holding the chainsword. What do I do with it to satisfy WYSIWYG? There are no "scabbards" for chainswords, are there? I can't believe these guys ALWAYS have these things in their hands ALL the time. What do they do with them when they're not slicing and dicing? I'm having trouble coming up with a solution that doesn't look silly.

Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe a sling, like over the arm, or a leg holster.
    Maybe the chain swords have a hole n one side where the marine can fit it onto a bulge on his armour . if u get what i mean.

Or u could give him one of those apotheecary arms with the chainblade thing. Or posibly a scbbered in their jumppacks.

Other than that, i cant realy see how. .....

How do they change clips with one hand.? Never tought of that before.

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

A sword does not need a full scabbard to hold it, all it really needs is a loop that is larger than the "blade" but smaller than the quillions (to prevent it falling through). All this would require is a little greenstuff strap attaching to the belt of the power armour that the unheld chainsword can sit in.
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

You could try and fix the chainsword only with a strap made of GS. Another possibility would be something to fit the sword into, like a cavity at the belt.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

You can also model your guy as if he has stuck it down in the soil, just cut the tip off and glue it to the base... or you might have a dead model on the base, painted in the colours of one of your favourite opponents, to act as a holster something like this:

But only make the model into a garden gnome if you fight them a lot...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Andusciassus View Post
    You can also model your guy as if he has stuck it down in the soil, just cut the tip off and glue it to the base... or you might have a dead model on the base, painted in the colours of one of your favourite opponents, to act as a holster something like this:

But only make the model into a garden gnome if you fight them a lot...
    Not a bad idea, but they're not going to be based on soil. They're a chapter that "lives" on its ships, so they're going to be modeled as if they're "working out" in a skirmish on the ship.

Thus, no soil
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

they do have holsters, or straps for them, and it would cut through becuase they can turn their chainswords off when they want to (if we can do it now, im sure they can do it in the future).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

i think you can just stick the sword to the waist of the model: they could easily have some kind of magnetic clamp on their waist to hold the chainsword in place!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

The IG priest model has his slung on his back in a back back it appears to be just a clamp that fits just below the handguard Warhammer 40,000 - Imperial Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrius View Post
    The IG priest model has his slung on his back in a back back it appears to be just a clamp that fits just below the handguard Warhammer 40,000 - Imperial Guard
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast