Help me make him more priesty - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help me make him more priesty

This is my Rune Priest that I plan on using for my rebuilt space wolves (of 500 pts). My problem is that he just appears t olook like he's a member of the wolf gaurd...:sleep:

What bits or other meathod of altering should I use to make him look more priesty?

Thanks!

|T|O|O|-|L|A|Z|Y|-my anti-drug

The rep button () is your friend!

Be off-topic and visit www.theopia.com

Space Wolves (500) 6-0-3

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

g'day

the first thing i would do is change the axe to a croius... just cut the head off the axe, glue the SW icon on top (the armour plate for the SW sprue)

if it was mine, id cut the triange off the icon, leaving just the wolf skull, glue that on top, then glue an iron halo from the commander or the terminator box onto that.

Hope that helps

Cheers
    92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Prog rock FTW!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that wouldn't look too much like a frost blade... Sorry I forgot to mention that, but I guess I could try to add something to it. Thanks for the idea tho.

I just thought of using an iron halo and putting it on the axe... (You seeded this idea).

I guess I'm looking for more things to do to the priest himself, not necessarily his war gear.

Space Wolves (500) 6-0-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

There are actually pretty many things you can achieve via details.

So, you say, he has a Frostblade instead of the typical Crozius?! OK.

But where is his Rosarius? You should give him something as a Rosarius. Either make some kind of order on your own (GS is great!!!) You could include fur, heads of wolves and things like that for the SW look, but it should be identifiable as a Rosarius. Or look for something you can glue onto him to represent one.
    A Skull helmet might work as well. Ulrik the Slayer is a nice example for how a skull helmet can look for Space Wolves. Click!
    Here are some more examples for wolf heads used as helmets or 'head decoration' They are not mine, but I like the look. Click! Click again!
    Using some (many...) runes on your guy will make him more priestly as well. The Germanic Futhark is the 'typical' rune alphabet. Click!
    Additionally some curlicues would look very authentic. Like on these runestones. Click!
    You could even place a runestone next to your priest to show his connection to the SW-mysticism. I think this is one of my favourites, base decoration!
    You could also sculpt some of the details onto his armour, e.g. the curlicues.
    Also bigger GS projects like a curly beard as one of the example minis has, would look great if you removed the helmet in this case...

I hope this helped

Cheers Julian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I don't have a Crozius, what's that in bitz terms? same thing with a Rosarius? I added some fur with bits, like I said I'm not trusting my green stuff skills yet.

I was planning on making the axe bigger with another one, just the blade and the top of the handle inverted on the tip for one large axe.

Space Wolves (500) 6-0-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More Pics!

I got some work done on him and did some Green Stuff work (gasp!) And some chopping, might as well add some drilling too... But here he is as of now:

His nasty Frosty Axe.

Knee ornament (ruinous?)

Another view of his baddaxe.

^^These 2 pics are of a small poelt from the torso on the SW sprue. I cut it and then put a wolf tail talisman on it.

I GS'ed the scroll, I don't think it turned out too bad, I might cut some war and tear into the sides of it.

Whadd'ya think now?

RAWR

Space Wolves (500) 6-0-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

I think it looks good, the knee pic is really blurry though

the only thing I could suggest since he is a priest is a book of faith or maybe a charm around his neck... something along that line. I guess for myself, I don't feel his Spirituality.
    They're ladies. We can't hit ladies.

No, no. They're Daemonettes. They'll tear you limb from limb and steal your soul

But sar, thats what ladies do.

http://tsoalr.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To make it more aged like, the scroll will replace the book, I guess it seems more SW-like. Why would they have nice books? I'd have to say they have more tattered scrolls telling of the history that they happened to write down. Especially since they usually tell the stories themselves.

Space Wolves (500) 6-0-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks good to me now, i was going to suggest changing the helmet but he looks good as is and you don't really want to go overboard it it can look too complex and messy

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

He has really improved I must say
    It's always nice when people ask for advice and then learns from them too.
    There are two things left though that makes him look less Priestly than you intend. (all my personal thoughts mind you)

The first is the head, it has been mentioned before but I really think you should change it to a bare head, in lack of a proper Wolf Priest head. Try to get hold of the hairy Mordenheimsprue´, it contains some nice bearded faces.

The other thing is his pose. He seems a bit lost, like "I got an axe...I got a gun... everybody's looking at me... I think I'm expected to do something now..."

You should rip his arms and head off and work through the pose a bit more carefully. He is to be inspiring for his fellow Wolves. He should really have his body signalling "Forward!!!" with ever limb.
    While at it I think the axe would look even better (it's a very good idea this double head) if the model showed that it was very heavy, even for a superhuman as himself. Try to have him hold it a bit higher up, closer to the blade, if he's not swinging it.

Point his axe/head/pistol toward something/someone.

EDIT: oh,a nd the thing I was intending to write... make the back of his banner look like if it is furry.
    Last edited by Andusciassus; June 17th, 2007 at 22:42. Reason: memory...age..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast