Warmachine - Castigator and flameguard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

Warmachine - Castigator and flameguard

Didn't quite get the Castigator finished in time for the vehicle painting contest... oh well.

Thought I would share the pics. Will probably post more pics of the flameguard later...

The reds are my standard deal... Basecoat vallejo model color - burnt cadmium red, brown ink was, first highlight burnt cadmium red, followed by scab red, gory red, and finally a touch of bloody red (all vallejo game colors).

Golds started with brassy brass, brown ink wash, highlighted with burnished gold and then shining gold.

Overall a nice and tidy unit I think.

For some reason these guys remind me of spartans! :w00t: Comments and criticisms are always welcome!

cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

Great work as usual buddy, the reds are lovely and rich, though I think a few more highlights wouldn't have gone amiss (especially on the larger surfaces on the warjack), just to make them pop.
    The metallics are nice and even, though I'm always a fan of grime in Warmachine, it just doesn't seem like a very clean place to me... ^_^

Like the alternative colour scheme as well, it's red, but it doesn't scream "Khardor". Good thing.

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

Hey thanks -T! I am not sure why but for some reason the pics are a tad washed out. I remember looking at some wip pictures that showed the red much richer. I even used tissue over the lights to help diffuse it! Oh well...

I am really not all that familiar with Warmachine but you are right I believe Khador is red. I don't know anything about this faction other than the box art is whitish with purple and metal accents.

The one thing I was very pleased about was putting together the castigator. I thought it would be a pain in the ass and figured I would have to pin the whole thing together but surprisingly it all went together without a single pin and is solid. The joints for the arms , legs, torso are large and thick for extra support. This beast is solid!

Another think I liked about these guys - while they are minimal in detail what is there really stands out nicely. Kind of like a less is more aspect. I really liked that.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

Wow. The reds on these guys are fantastic. Very smooth and very clean. The metallics on the castigator are very well done. This is very impressive. I'm going to have to give your process for painting that red a shot.

Thanks for sharing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

425 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by misanthrope09 View Post
    Wow. The reds on these guys are fantastic. Very smooth and very clean. The metallics on the castigator are very well done. This is very impressive. I'm going to have to give your process for painting that red a shot.

Thanks for sharing!
    Yes please post your results on using the reds. I have found it quite effective. You can get a slightly different tone by using purple ink instead of brown as well. It give it a more crimson feel...

Thanks again for the comments!

Cheers,

-Mike

+ Reply to Thread