Iron Hands Terminator Painting Tutorial - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

22 (x1)

Iron Hands Terminator Painting Tutorial

I am writing my first tutorial ever. This is one of ten terminators for my chaplains iron hands retinue i put in a lot of detail such as writing Mars (the iron hands home world) on the cloth on the leg. please enjoy

here goes,

1. Start with a chaos black undercoat, I did mine by hand to make sure no surface was missed but if you want a quicker result you could spray paint.

2. Mix codex gray and chaos black 20:80 and highlight broadly covering all edges with varying degrees of width depending on were the edge is.

3. Mix codex gray and chaos black 40:60 and go over the edge with a thinner stripe.

4. Mix codex gray and chaos black 60:40 and go over the edges with an even thinner stripe

here are pictures of the model with half of it painted up to this point the other half is the pure black that was the first step.

5. Now take pure codex gray and barely go over the edges and only in places where highlights should really be annunciated.

alright and here's the model with he shading on the black done

6. Paint the chest eagle and the skulls and the joint circles boltgun metal.

7. Paint the eyes like this
    a.regal blue
    b.hawk turquoise on half blue in the very corner of skull white opposite the ice blue
    e. clean up the edges
    8. Paint the purity seals with graveyard earth and the wax with regal blue and a hawk turquoise highlight

heres some pictures of the model around this point

10. paint the support line things that are on the legs boltgun metal. then finish the purity seals and put some light sourcing on the eyes by using ice blue watered down in layes. the other lenses and gems should also be done in a similar manner to the eyes. all around touch things up and give the chest eagle a black ink and highlight with mithril silver

the finished model

there you go, its my first tutorial and i put alot of work into this model so what do you think?

Please note that I request that all images be of the size of 700 pixels wide or less. I would suggest you either resize them or leave them as links.

I also corrected a few spelling mistakes.

Last edited by King Ulrik Flamebeard; June 13th, 2007 at 22:37.

2. Remove Advertisements

Long Beach, CA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

425 (x8)

I think your lenses turned out very well. Overall a nice looking figure.

I also recommend giving out your ratios in paint drops or brush loads... makes it easier to duplicate. Simplicity is the key.

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

+ Reply to Thread