Welcome to Librarium Online!
So, when I fell in love with Freaks I also fell in love with the Ork BikerBoss. Last fall I started brainstorming on a fun conversion and wanted to do some different. That's when the idea of a Wartrike hit me and I began my work.
The model is not complete yet, thus it isn't even primed. Looking for some feedback and suggestions before I deem him finished and ready for painting.
I setup a small webpage for viewing rather than spamming pics in the post.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW WARTRIKE PAGE
Ideas for things to add:
* Slugga - Most of my lists he has a Choppa and a PK, but if I am ever short a point I may need to remove the Choppa for a Slugga, just not sure where to add it.
* Bosspole - not a piece of wargear I'd ever actually buy for him, but I think it will add to the overall look nicely.
* Shrunken Heads/SM Heads dangling from chains off the end of the handle bars. Sort of like tassels...
* Another Grot, either on the engine or hanging off the handlebars. I'm leaning toward a 2nd grot because it allows me to model that Slugga on the grot (like how the gunner grot has the Choppa).
* The Base - This is going on a 60mm base and I'm thinking of either having it pop a wheelie. Or have the front wheel part-way up a ramp as if he's about to jump off the ramp. Could also make the entire base a ramp with the front wheel off the end of it as if he's at the end of the ramp.
All comments, questions, feedback, etc... are welcome.
First off, that model looks great and has a lot of very cool and fun elements. As to your proposed additions here are my thoughts:
- I like the idea of an additional grot, especially equipped with the Slugga. I think this would be best put on the engine, not the handlebars. Anything up n that front area will really detract from viewing your sweet Warboss I think. This includes "tassles" of enemy heads. If you do add heads flying from the handlebars (which I would discourage) I'd keep it down to maybe one or two on each handlebar, don't go nuts.
- Where is the grot that you already have on the supposed to stand to fire that weapon? I like the comical style but after thinking about it for a moment I realized there wasn't much the grot could do other than what he is doing.
- As for the base, I would probably vote against popping a wheelie, this would move that back grot too far down and I think it would look odd. I think the ramp idea is better, or you could put him sideways on an incline.
I understand what you mean about anything up towards the front detracting from the view. I still may try the tassels to see how they look, but think you are right about that. I have the perfect pewter Grot model with Slugga in hand already to try and fit on the engine, gonna be tight though.
I had thought of that too, about the Grot on there now, when the bike is stopped that gun is pointing way up and he's just hanging there. But I still wanted to get some thoughts on the current setup to see what people thought. I'll work on a very small platform to add to the back for him and see how that looks.
Thanks for the feedback!