CityFight Terrain from Forgeworld. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x4)

CityFight Terrain from Forgeworld.

Just a prenote to all readers, Money is not an issue here.

I'm wondering if anybody has cityfight terrain from forgeworld. I mean, I have my own
    city terrain as well but I want my board to be supplimented by something that would
    represent and place the eye to the middle of the board or wherever I have added FW
    terrain.

I'm curious about how many buildings it would take just to have a decent suburbian sprawl
    like farcry.

Anybody have any opinions on how much is enough and what to get?

I got a really big paycheck and I'm looking to spend at least $150 but browsing FW
    is like a kid looking through the glass into a candy shop.

Thanks for all opinions.

DJ AK.

-HONORABLE MENTIONS IN BLITZKRIEG PAINTING COMP-
    "THAT I.G. GUY WITH THAT OVERDEVELOPED TRIGGER FINGER"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since you have soem buildings already , Trenches would look cool =D

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im building my own city entirly from scratch and you need a lot more buildings than you think (as i am learning) for a nice 4x4 cityfight board i think you need a minimum of 10 buildings (leaving space for roads etc.), if your having trenches/and or rivers etc. you might not need this many. It all depends really on what you want how much terrain you have. I personally like really dense buildings etc with some nice clearings. The number one tip i can give you is to draw up some ideas of layouts and work it out from there what you need.

DOWN WITH THE FALSE EMPEROR!!!MAY HIS GALAXY BURN!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grab the big Cities of Death prefab box. Goes for about 50$. it has all the bits you need to make things look solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by RecklessFable View Post
    Thought for the Day: Armylists are a three-edged sword. The list your backstory wants. The list that is optimal. The list of models you actually own.
    And HOW.

(\_/)
    (X.X)
    (><) This is Dead Bunny.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MyArmys: Points: W/L/D

Imperial Guard: 2250: In Progress.
    Necron: 500: 2/1/1

Join the Imperium today!

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

i agree the GW city box set is a great buy. It depends on the size of your board 10 buildings should be more than enough for most tables

Forgeworld stuff looks great but it is very expensive, ive got a couple of buildings for warhammer from there, unfortunately now my other terrain looks rubbish in comparison! If i was going to get any FW CoD buildings id be very tempted by the Tank factory (i think thats what it is) it looks huge and would make a great centrepiece
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Ash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    333 (x5)

If you go the FW route make sure you use a mask when sanding down all the mouldlines on the resin, as the dust goes everywhere.
    Have a look at:

Welcome to Battle Build Modular Wargames Buildings

Amera Plastic Mouldings

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

In my local gaming circle, we play on a 4X6 and have 10 buildings, along with a number of smaller fortifications, like city-oriented bunkers, half walls, and the likes. This so far as been sufficient for our city-fights. That said, there's still quite a bit of open space on our board, so we're considering investing in another three to four buildings.

I would look on Ebay for sellers who have lotted a whole bunch of buildings together into a single auction. We purchased all ten of our building for a little over $150.00 USD (including shipping). They look similar to this:

Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x1)

For city terrain I'd recommend the following:

Zirtides: They might be German (or maybe Dutch, no clue) But they make some really cool pieces. Check out their on-line store in the sci-fi section

Amera plastic mouldings
    : An amazing company found in the UK. Their city terrain is on par with forgeworld....but they have more!

Here's a table that inspired me, done with a little bit of everything: The battle for Kasr Tannenberg

Then there's always: Miniature Scenery which is available through guys like The Warstore (or directly).

And these guys: Wargames Scenery are pretty good....and having a closing sale it seems. I would guess that GW's own terrain is finally causing some trouble for guys like this.

Hope that helped.
    :ninja:
    www.HIGHBATTALION.com - it's a link, you click it.
    "The world will be a better place when the world's resources are used for Giant Robots."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x4)

Okay so I'm pretty confident My buildings can match up with any of these. I'm probably going to be running a slush mix 40/60 or 60/40 but i havnt really decided. The hardest
    part is probably going to work out the spacing and see how much i need, then calculate costs.

Ouch. But Hey, if i've got a killer table, everybody's gonna wanna come over right?

DJ AK.

On average a building is arounda foot n a half right?
    -HONORABLE MENTIONS IN BLITZKRIEG PAINTING COMP-
    "THAT I.G. GUY WITH THAT OVERDEVELOPED TRIGGER FINGER"

+ Reply to Thread