Chaos Furies...with a nurglish twist :D - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Furies...with a nurglish twist :D

just brought six tomb kings carrions
    (local GW didnt have enough! that means another expensive shopping trip in the future!!)
    going to use them as furies in my nurgle army (Not death gaurd however!!)

however what i need is some ideas to make them look (slightly) less like undead turkeys on round bases, as well as painting ideas.

been out of the hobby for 2 and a half year so decided to throw my self back into it....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by MatloeMutley View Post
    just brought six tomb kings carrions
    (local GW didnt have enough! that means another expensive shopping trip in the future!!)
    going to use them as furies in my nurgle army (Not death gaurd however!!)

however what i need is some ideas to make them look (slightly) less like undead turkeys on round bases, as well as painting ideas.

been out of the hobby for 2 and a half year so decided to throw my self back into it....
    First I would suggest a wetter, gunky, slimy paint job for them. This will make them look gross and moist and more Nurgle-like, not all dried up like the Tomb kings are. When moving one model from one army to another what you need to do is break it's ties to it's old army by giving it traits in common with your force.

The base is an easy place to start. Add some rotten body parts, heads etc from the Zombie sprue to the bases of these models. You could also add one of two Nurglings. This will show they are alligned with Nurgle.

You could work on the heads of the models too. the heads of the Carrion are separate so you could replace them with Plaguebearer heads or Nurgling heads. If you want things easier, cutting off the metal heads of Plaguebearers is difficult, try plastic Zombie heads.

Here is a look at the Zombies and the Zombie sprues. Games Workshop Online Store — Zombie Regiment

The Zombie sprue includes a good variety of rotten human heads. These heads will be fairly easy to stick on though you may need to add a little green stuff. The effect of rotten human heads on the Carrion is that they will look daemonic.

The Carrion are originally birds of prey. Giving them rotten human heads will make them look very unnatural and daemonic and help to make them clearly stand out as daemons not just giant rotten birds. Basically human heads will show evil intellect instead of bird animal intellect.
    Last edited by Leech; June 24th, 2007 at 21:16.

+ Reply to Thread