Necron destroyer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necron destroyer

hello everyone i am starting a necron force and i wanted to convert the necron destroyers into a walker style like the ones from a computer game i play, supreme commander, i dont like the hover bases too much with half a robot stickin off the top so i wanted to try a big terminator kinda thing here is a pic i got the inspiration from

this is a rear view of the bot, called a "sacred assault bot" and i thought it would fit nicely with the necron theme

here is a front view

i was hoping anyone had any ideas what i could use to create this style form the necron destroyer or something close i am not too sure about the legs thanks very much!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

The only problem with the concept is that Necron technology is far more advanced than anything around. So finding something that will match the look of necron parts will be extremely hard

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Well, I'm assuming you're not worried about WYSIWYG rules (they are skimmers, after all). That said, I agree that you won't be able to just "bits convert" something from the "normal" 40k range, but then, that's what plasticard, plastirod and green stuff are for. You could always build them from scratch...
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea i think i might have to do that but i havent ever really used green stuff and plasticard so it would be my first attempt but there is a first time for everything! and i was just kinda brain stormin i know they are flyers but i want something original

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your gonna want to use the top body of the destroyer but then give him double gause cannon arms for the effect, then for the legs use some bits from sentnal legs and other things, but for the gause cannons u can buy blue rods which would look tight and then i bet you have a friend who could help you build the legs with bits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wat do u think of this idea?? its really rought but its a start!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

That looks superb. Just brainstorming, but this style of modeling would go very well with some alternative fluff ideas, such as having a renegade necron force that is no longer capable of maintaining their destroyers with hover technology. For this reason, perhaps the destroyers are then required to go on foot...something like that.

At any rate, the destroyer looks really good.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thnks! i was thinking that or trying to c if there would b some other cool hover platform to use!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by STDaddict View Post
    thnks! i was thinking that or trying to c if there would b some other cool hover platform to use!
    If you don't have your heart set on big legs for your Destroyers you could always try to give them tentacles or a tail similar to Wraith's or sort of like Dr Octopus. Robot tentacles is probanly quite appropriate for Necron stuff. Robot-tentacle-spider-legs.

+ Reply to Thread