Welcome to Librarium Online!
hey there i was thinking of making a space marine type crusader force and im not sure where to get some good looking kinght heads from, or even some good bare heads would do.
any conversion ideas would be great too
Dont Look Back... Something Might Be Gaining ;-)
Tau 1500 (in progress) win/draw/loss 3/1/0
Here is a list of a few places I've gotten some more interesting helmets for my space marines. They are not all knightly, but thats the general look I go for with the marines (blue text = link)
- Black Templars upgrade sprue - interesting heads and tabbarded torsos. Also, a good array of CCWs and shield type things
- Iron Warrior heads (scroll down) - Heads 2, 3 and 4 are the good 'uns
- The Emperor's Champion - a good helmet on this guy. Either cut off his head or use the model whole.
- Empire Knights - not used them myself yet, so I cannot personally vouch for their size. They do look very interesting though, and I intend to grab myself a pack in the future to give them a shot. If anyone has any idea how well these guys correlate with marines size-wise, please PM me and let me know.
- Brettionian knights - similar to the Empire dudes, but be aware that the pic here doesn't show them well, you'll have to google it for a better picture.
In addition to helmets, there are LOADS of other ways you can make your marines look more knightly:
- Numerous sprues have shields and the like that you can attach to the marines. Small ones like the terminator shields are ideal if you wish to use them for insignia, and larger ones are great to stick to vehicles or to use as storm shields. I've found the new Empire swordsmen to have some brilliantly sized shields to use for my marines (insignia etc).
- Different weapons are great as well. Swap out some chainswords for maces, flails, axes or any other hand weapon you can think of.
- Tabbarded torsos (BT, DA and several other marine sprues give you good parts for this). Also, chain mail loincloths/cloaks work well - look to the Chaos marine parts to achieve this look.
- Censures, brazier, candles, fiery torches, chains and the like all ring of medieval type things. Pick a few and use them to theme up your army.
- Capes. Every good marine needs a cape of some kind. 'Nuff said
Hope these have given you some ideas mate. Good luck with the knightly marines:yes:.
I did this one time, and if you work it right, it turns out great!
Like the others said, there are lots of other ways to make SM's look knight like!
You are not your avatar. You are not your knowledge of the rules or your last article. You are not your post count. You are not your rep. You are not your title. You are not your blog. You are not your painting or modeling skills. You are not your location, rating, profile comments, friends or armies. You are not your signature.
Chaos Warriors armor would fit great with space marines. I've seen some before and the marines were gigantic. It could get expensive though if it was that+Brettonian heads.
or greenstuff tunics onto the marines, like Blood Angels, but with Crusader type red crosses, etc.