Finding proper bases... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

Finding proper bases...

So, awhile ago I bought 40 dwarf models off ebay for only $40 bucks (without shipping). Now $1 a model is a heck of a steal so I'm not complaining, but they came without bases. There are 10 non-command models for Thunderers, Longbeards, Hammerers and Miners. The problem I'm having is that the small square bases that my local hobby stores stock all have the groove positioned on an angle. This isn't the best arrangement for many of the models I bought such as the Hammerers which I like to have facing forward rather than on an angle, the Longbeards who's slot should run parallel to the front of the base, and some of the Thunderer models which need to be facing perpindicular (if shooting) or parallel (if not) to the front of the base.

Does anyone know where I can find some of the small square bases that have no grooves pre-cut but have the two options (straight or slanted) on the underside for easy cutting?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Here's the link to the US site's section for slottabases: Games Workshop US Online Store

It only offers a mixture of the three types though. The UK site allows you to buy the specific packs you needs. here is the link - Games Workshop Online Store — Accessories

Of course, if you just wanted to stick the models on any base you could snip off the metal/plastic bars on the bottom of the models' feet and stick them to any type of square base. That'd likely be the easiest and cheapest alternative.

Cheers,
    Rich.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

Thanks for the links, I didn't see that the ones on the main US site were mixed, that might work for what I need as I'm sure my buddies could make use of the left-overs I don't use.

+ Reply to Thread