Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
ok, i have been working on some mini's, and with my infantry models i usually prime black, with good effect. i am now working on my larger models, and the colors i want to go with needs to be primed white. unfortunetly i prime white and the prime turns out 'fuzzy' like it has fur on it. is it the primer or am i doing something wrong? i usually go over the model 6-8 inches away and shake for at least 2 mins. am i going over the model too fast? Advice would be great. Thanks in advance.
there are alot of factors to consider when spraying minis.
1. Humidity (High is NO GOOD!):sleep:
2. Temprature: Outside, the mini, spray can (to minimize this factor, let them sit in your painting area @ least an hour to equalize temps.
I'm sure ther's tons more.
I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!:cry:
Spent 20+ hrs on a Techmarine (full servo pack *4arms*), shot it with clearcoat, and he suddenly developed a case of armor dandruff(
Techmarine1.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Techmarine2.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Techmarine3.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
minime017.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Hope this helps.
98% of Crack users become criminals that steal & sell computers, the other 2% actually know how to use them and become MODs! lol
Laugh while you can, Monkey-Boy!
second, i realize that humidity was a problem, it was high today, and so i primed at night. I didnt realize that the primer and mini should get used to the outside temp when spraying, i usually keep everything inside, then spray outside and bring them back in to dry. i can see where there would be a problem. i am going to do some sprue tests later to see what kind of difference this might make.
its just baffling that with my black primer i dont have any texture problems, yet its the same brand and same technique. Thanks for the advice, if anyone else has some please keep em coming.
well ya see what i do, is i stumble across old cans of primer i've left outside that have made their way to the shed missing logos/nozzles ETC ETC.
Shake em for about 3 seconds till i hear the thing rattle once more...
And spray away
Works surprisingly well!
I'm also lazy
You might also be holding the can too far away from the mini. Want to know how to fix that armor dandruff next time? As soon as you start seeing it spotting. Take the can shake the crap out of it, hold it upside down and spray it for a good few seconds. The spray the model which should still be wet again. If you notice the white spots should go invisible when they get wet. By spraying it again it gets wet and then it fills it i guess so the majority of the spotting goes away.
Joe Peshi (lone wolf) kill tally:Lash Sorcerer, Ghazkull, Yriel, Termi Libby, Vulkan.
i have sprayed different ammounts on the models to no effect. it actually looks like the paint isnt streaming properly, it actually seems like it comes out as a cloud and not a steam like the black. it might have to do with the difference in temps or something. i will have to do some testing, i am afraid that it might be the primer, because i had the same problem when priming models of infantry. i dont see this problem with my black spray so i will see whats up when i do testing. will post results.
humidity and temperataure has already been mentioned...
i found out that white spray primer is trickier to get a smooth layer. the tip is a bit strange - do not shake the can as vigorously as you`d do with a black one or don`t even shake at all. i know it sounds like complete heresy but in my case that helped .
thanks, i usually shake for at least 2 mins so this might be the problem, will try. When i shake too much it seems that i comes out more a cloud then spray, so this might be it. Thanks.
Get a new can of primer. I've had bad cans before. Then follow the instructions and do two light coats.
The fuzz is often a result of overspraying or spraying too closely.
A stiff toothbrush has helped me remove the worst of the fuzz.