Librarium Online Forums banner

Barbarian Horde Pics

4K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  Jared van Kell 
#1 ·
It's my last day at work and there's nothing to do, when I remembered that I took some photos with my phone the other day. So I thought I'd share some of them with y'all before closing and going back home.

Sorry about the crappy quality, but it's just a phone. And I have nothing to do.

So this is Aginor, my exalted daemon you've been hearing so much about.

And this is him again, in full. Sorry I don't have any pics of him from the side or rear, but there are spikes thrusting from him back (diablo-style) and you can climpse a book at him side also. A really easy conversion really, with (a nightbringer of course) horror-arms and crom the conqueror's sword. He's painted skin because he's more of a possesed marauder warchief than a true daemon.

Here's one of my greatweapon marauders, not yet painted. Did him while the varnish dried on the daemon. I really like the pose on this one and he's definatley going in the first rank!

There you have it. Enjoy!

See less See more
#8 ·
As promised I'll put some updates here every once in while to let you guys know how the horde is doing. Listed are some of the old marauders (painted) some recent conversions.

You've already seen thet right one and he's part of the greatweapon unit. The left one is the cheiftain of my first handweapon/shield unit.

These are some of my greatweapon marauders and were the first models to be painted. Since they die off so fast I modelled them on double/triple bases. This leaves some opportunity for special conversions (hand on shoulder for example).

And my first chariot .. which I'm very displeased with .. :(

And then of course the Barbarian Himself .. drinking coke in Grece! :w00t:

Coming up soon are chaos warhounds, horsemen and hopefully some characters .. if I can get them done .. :rolleyes:

#9 · (Edited)
Great :). Love to see more!

Well done,

Hex

EDIT: Why on earth did you model the Marauders on bases of 3? You will need ranks of 6, which hurts IMO since you will have to be spending loads of pts per rank.

#10 ·
Hex said:
EDIT: Why on earth did you model the Marauders on bases of 3? You will need ranks of 6, which hurts IMO since you will have to be spending loads of pts per rank.
I think you'll notice a base of two models right behind them. And also he wouldn't need ranks of six if the other models are on the normal single base, eh?

#11 ·
As Rork said, not all of them are modelled 3 together (in fact only one such pair so far). Some of them are on double bases but most of them are actually single.

And yes I do use them 6 wide - which will get even more effective in 7th when everyone else must have 5 anyway. That way I can attack will 7 attacks each round (which I, btw, do most of the time already).

#16 ·
Here are some of the wolves I'm working on for the moment. They are far from finished at this stage but feel free to comment so I'll know what to do with them. :w00t:

This is basically the first step the wolves undergo. Fill all the gaps with fur and add some minor things like scars etc.

The left one here have undergone step 2 and have had scales and a "spine" added. Since this was the first one I painted him just to see if the gap in the middle of him was covered enough with GS. The right one has just undergone the first step.

And here are the wolves together as they're supposed to be in the unit. I'm trying to make them run in different directions, jumping around and create a feel of disorder among them. Later on, I will add double-bases like on the marauders to make them fight eachother and ripping meat apart. :yes:

Most of the models were already painted to some degree as I bought them from a friend (Andusciassus here on LO), so don't comment that please.. ;)

#18 ·
That's a great paint job!!!
I really like the added movement. Posing is Alpha and Omega when it comes to sculpting I think.
When I tried to envision how mutations would come through on hounds/wolves and a spikes bursting out through the neck, like a collar seems like a good idea to me.
You could even exchange a limb here and there for something different, maybe swap a leg for a bone...and chains - they could be "pierced" with smallcalibre chains.

Still, I know you'll make those wolves into awsome hounds.

#19 · (Edited)
Rex said:
There seems to be an awful lot of people looking at this but not commenting. :ninja: I put it here for advice how to proceed with the wolf-conversions. So if anyone's got any ideas ..

Scales on everyone? More scars? Modify tails perhaps? Mutations?
How about one or two of them mauling a peasent or soldier. You could use the fleeing villager from the giant sprue. I imagine it would fit nicely under one of the hounds or even in front of the one about to pounce.

#21 ·
Alright collars it is! Here are the first two tries, along with the unit position as it is now. Note the chain hanging from the collars. ;) The first four pics are a bit small so it's hard to see the detail .. but I guess there'll be more of it anyway so .. :rolleyes: Enjoy!

These also came up a bit crappy .. hope you see the details anyway ..

Next up are spikes and fighting wolves .. and of course if any of you have any ideas! ;)

#24 ·
cebwj said:
I know what it says, I just wanted a bit more details! excuse me for following up on a great idea.
No need to excuse mate, my fault. ;) Sorry about that. Here's a more detailed walkthough of how I did him:

- Pinned the torso to the legs and filed off as much molding-lines as it was possible (it is metal after all ..).

- Secondly I choose two horror-arms that I thought fitted with the model and pinned them into place, also drilling holes into the left hand so he could hold the sword later on.

- The sword is Crom the Conquerors and is basically the blade with a pin as a handle. After the sword was fitted into the hand I made a handle of GS.

- To take away lines that appeared between the arms and torso I made a "robe" that flows behind the body.

- Finally I made a book out of GS that's attached to his side and four spikes thrusting out from his back. It's not visible on those photos really .. but it's there. ;) I'll prove it some other time.

Then followed painting .. simple colours to fit the rest of the army. There are also some freehand that's kinda hard to see here - I'll show you some other time.

Hope this was enough. :w00t:

#26 ·
Looks pretty decent... BUT if you think it looks like he is crying, that might be an idea in itself! Warhounds are basically there to absorb missles, so maybe you could have him being struck by an arrow or something!

One of them leaping up to 'catch' a cannonball would be hysterical, and true to life.

Koosh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.