Crazy GKT army 2000 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

Crazy GKT army 2000 points

ok so I wanted to make a super elite grey knight army to kinda go with how I see them from fluff.

HQ = brother-captain = 63 points
    - auspex

Elites = GKT 4 man = 256 points
    - bro-cap w/ psycannon, auspex
    - 1 w/ psycannon
    - 1 w/ TH + SS
    - 1 w/ psycannon
    - 1 w/ TH + SS
    - 1 w/ psycannon
    - 1 w/ TH + SS

Troops = PAGK 5 man = 202 points
    - justicar w/ auspex
    - 2 w/ psycannon
    Troops = PAGK 5 man = 202 points
    - justicar w/ auspex
    - 2 w/ psycannon

Heavy Support = LRC = 255 points

Total = 2000 points

I know this list goes against almost of the the grey knight teachings on this forum I just kinda want to test my skills with such an elite army and see how it goes any advice on how to make the list better that keeps with the idea of the list would be great.

- You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Insert Witty Comment Here Goblin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

wow man, pretty crazy list, not sure how it will work, but best of luck to ya! it's pretty cool list, i will be honest, i dont think you will have much success, just not enough models at that points value. but it is still pretty unique and fun. goodluck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

61 (x1)

You could save some points by making one squad the retinue for your BC.

Also, why 3 LRC? You have no anti-armour and since only a single unit can be in a transport, you don't need the extra room.

I'd change it to something like:

BC w/ 5-man Retinue (BC w/Master-Crafted Psycannon, GKT w/Psycannon)
    2x 6-Man Termi Squads (2 Psycannons (one on BC), 1 TH/SS per unit))
    2x PAGK Squads

2x Land Raider
    Assault Cannon Dread if you can fit it in (115 points w/ Extra Armour)

Your Psycannons and Dread can rip up troops in shooting, and your LRs now are strong Anti-Armour. Keep the BC & Retinue on foot for Psycannon Goodness (love master-crafting!) and put the other two Term squads in the LRs.
    - Josh
    what am I, the pope?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by jaNDo View Post
    You could save some points by making one squad the retinue for your BC.

Also, why 3 LRC? You have no anti-armour and since only a single unit can be in a transport, you don't need the extra room.

I'd change it to something like:

BC w/ 5-man Retinue (BC w/Master-Crafted Psycannon, GKT w/Psycannon)
    2x 6-Man Termi Squads (2 Psycannons (one on BC), 1 TH/SS per unit))
    2x PAGK Squads

2x Land Raider
    Assault Cannon Dread if you can fit it in (115 points w/ Extra Armour)

Your Psycannons and Dread can rip up troops in shooting, and your LRs now are strong Anti-Armour. Keep the BC & Retinue on foot for Psycannon Goodness (love master-crafting!) and put the other two Term squads in the LRs.
    the bc is independant cause if he has him as part of a squad, then he wont have as many psycannons as he would like.

the LRC have multimeltas, so that should be enough to take care of most tanks, the list is pretty much as good as it will get, that dreadnought wont fit the theme of the list in the sense that he is trying to rush as many Terminators as possible. meh, i dont know, plus i get the sense that he doesnt like using dreads as he likes why GK dont like being in dreads, just a theory though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

122 (x3)

Actually the goal of the list is to keep the GKT back and just shoot things to death using cover and shrouding to keep me safe. LRC are better all around at killing as they can move 6" and still shoot all guns were a LR can only shoot both lascannons if it doesnt move. Also the twin-linked assault cannon is just as good at taking out armor as the lascannon IMO, exspecially when you got the multi-melta to back it up. Brother-captain is an IC cause this way he can move to help a squad should I get assaulted.

The army will have the LRCs push the enemy back while the psycannons lay down support fire. Causing the enemy to have to move past the LRC to even try to shoot the grey knights with any good chance of making the shrouding rolls and with luck I will be in cover so it should be hard for them to make them not scoring units. Even if they do get close enough to assault, charging GK / GKT that are most likely in cover is not going to end well for you even if you manage to kill them. The army can even do well for objective missions as in the later turns the GKT can move and still lay down fire power on the enemy / assault in if needed to push them off objectives. Main down side to list is if they get luck rolls on LRC in turn 1-2 it will really hurt you but it is a risk worth taking I think for being able to test this army.
    Last edited by Lyzaru; July 23rd, 2007 at 06:06.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x3)

Dude!!! wheres the grandmaster???? I couldnt leave home without him..

Cool list.. this is what I would change....

So what I would do is keep the terms as they are... using the full power of shrouding
    I would lose one LRC ,then lose the psycannons on the PAGK's. I would then bump both PAGK up to 10man squads and bump the bc to a grandmaster.

Then I would put both squads of PAGK into LRC's so they are safe and have them move up the table while the Terms are shooting everything in the safety of the shroud. The PAGK would then be ready as a counter charge for the enemy that is coming to you..

Just a thought... maybe you could use some of it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

122 (x3)

Dude!!! wheres the grandmaster???? I couldnt leave home without him..
    yeah I was sad when I couldnt find a way to get my GM with daemon hammer / master-crafted NFW in the list but I feel the list needs all 3 LRCs and the reason I dont want 10 man PAGK is then I would have units walking foward that could be shot by all the guns that cant hurt the LRCs and I really dislike putting units in LR / LRCs and with having so few models in this army that would be asking for trouble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love the idea.
    I put a list up like this some time back, just not with the LRC's, but lots more GKT's.
    Also according to the FLuff, IST's are the choice for Troops, and mounted in either Rhino's and/or Chimeras. You are probably going for Pure GK though.

Do you find 5 GKT is enough? I go for 6 men myself, especially against something like Berserkers for example.

cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyzaru View Post
    were a LR can only shoot both lascannons if it doesnt move.
    very overlooked misconseption. our land raiders in most debates, count as have power of the machine spirit, so even if it moves up to 6 inches, it can use that power to fire one weapon at bs2, THUS, you can move, fire 1 lascannon, and the bolters at bsX and then use the Spirit to fire the last lascannon. yay for techniqalities!

+ Reply to Thread