IG 1850 List Purely for Space marines, need help/comments - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Hellhounds are good tanks Dakka,Dakka,Dakka's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

IG 1850 List Purely for Space marines, need help/comments

Docterines
    -Close Order Drill
    -Grenadiers

HQ-

HSO(Storm Bolter,Power Weapon)
    -2x guardsmen w/plasma guns
    -1x veteran w/standard
    -1x guarsmen w/lasgun
    Total-111

Elites-

Hardened Veterans Terminator Hunters
    -1x Veteran sergeant w/shotgun
    -3x veteran w/melta guns
    -1x veteran w/lasgun
    Total-75

Inquisitor(bolter,psychic power Hammerhand)
    -1x servitor w/ plasma cannon
    -1x mystic
    -1x familiar
    Total-88

Troops-

JO(bolt pistol, melta-bomb) terminator hunting
    -3x guardsmen w/melta-guns
    -1x guardsmen w/lasgun
    Total-76

Squad 1
    -1x sergeant w/autogun(same as lasgun looks better)
    -2x guardsmen w/Lascannon
    -7x guardsmen w/lasguns

Squad 2
    -1x sergeant w/lasgun
    -2x guardsmen w/missile launcher
    -7x guardsmen w/lasguns

Squad 3
    -1x sergeant w/autogun(same as lasgun looks better)
    -2x guardsmen w/Lascannon
    -7x guardsmen w/lasguns

Squad 4
    -1x sergeant w/lasgun
    -2x guardsmen w/autocannon
    -7x guardsmen w/lasguns

Platoon total-396

JO(Plasma Pistol,Power Weapon,Horifica Imperialis)
    -2x guardsmen w/Plasmaguns
    -1x medic w/boltgun
    -1x guardsmen w/lasgun
    Total-112

Squad 1
    -1x sergeant w/lasgun
    -7x guardsmen w/lasguns

Squad 2
    -1x sergeant w/lasgun
    -7x guardsmen w/lasguns

Squad 3
    -1x sergeant w/lasgun
    -7x guardsmen w/lasguns

Squad 4
    -1x veteran sergeant w/boltgun
    -7x guardsmen w/lasguns

Squad 5
    -1x veteran sergeant w/boltgun
    -2x guardsmen w/heavy bolter(lol ran out of missile launchers)
    -7x guardsmen w/lasguns

Platoon total-496

Grenadiers
    -1x veteran sergeant w/power weapon and hellpistol
    -1x grenadier w/plasmagun
    -1x grenadier w/meltagun
    -7x grenadiers w/hellguns
    Total-131

Fast Attack-

Sentinel support
    -1x lascannon sentinel
    Total-55

Mounted Cold Ones
    -5x Roughriders w/lances
    total-55

Heavy Support

Leman Russ Battle Tank
    1x hull heavy bolter
    Total-145

Leman Russ Battle Tank
    1x hull heavy bolter
    Total-145

Leman Russ Battle Tank
    1x hull heavy bolter
    Total-145

Total for army-1842 points

what should i add/remove my opponents are a black templars player(i almost beat...deep striking terminators bad 2x meltaguns and 2x plasmaguns shooting at them and missing worse) and a jump pack blood angels army(lots of jump packs and 10 terminators) what would u do against these armies

totals
    3 leman russ minimal upgrades
    1 sentinel w/lascannon
    5 roughriders
    5 missile launchers
    2 lascannons(not counting sentinel
    5 plasma guns(1 is pistol)
    1 heavy bolter(ran out of missile launchers)
    7 melta guns(kill terminators and dont hurt me)
    and more than 100 men..........good?

i even have forgeworld units
    -vulture,valkyrie,destroyer tank hunter,executioner(plasma tank)

any help is appreciated, I cant seem to beat them:cry:

Last edited by Dakka,Dakka,Dakka; July 25th, 2007 at 18:48. Reason: Revising

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dakka,Dakka,Dakka View Post
    Inquisitor(bolter,psychic power Hammerhand)
    -1x servitor w/ plasma cannon
    -1x sage
    -1x familiar
    Total-88
    This guy is my area. If you're using a psychic power, I'd try out Word of the Emperor, as it helps keep Deep Strikers and assault marines out of close combat with them. If you're worried about Deep Strike, then include a Mystic or two in this squad. That lets the Inquisitor and retinue get a free shot before the Terminators can raise a gun! And an extra Sage, because that lets you re-roll overheats on the plasma cannon.

Also, using an Inquisitor Lord (HQ version) grants you access to the Inquisition's extensive list of Assassins. I recommend a Callidus if you take this path, since her phase weapon and Neural Shredder will make the Templars' power armor look like tissue paper. The others might have trouble Infiltrating with 1850 points of Templars on the table.

As an aside, I remind you that Space Marines' basic bolters negate a Guardsman's Armor save, and you're not likely to find enough cover for all your Guardsmen. Adding a few Doctrines that improve the durability and quality of your men, such as Cameleoline, Sharpshooters and Grenadiers, might give you an edge.
    Last edited by Inquisitor Solexus; July 25th, 2007 at 03:00.
    "HQ, my LOS is blocked by a soda bottle. I'm moving to unmask my guns."
    "Negative! The soda bottle is the Carnifex!"
    "Dang proxy models!"
    -Cmdr. Kren, www.tsoalr.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

thank you but they are assault minded most opponents never have more than 15 bolters and have tons of bolt pistols(if theyre close enough to use bolt pistols im dead anyway-assault-)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Fine I Suppose. If this unit will hide behind cover providing a leadership bubble then the plasmaguns & S-Bolter are wasted so get a mortar. If this unit will stand in a good firing position then get a heavy bolter or something and keep the plasmaguns but this will be your enemy's first target so they won't survive long. One Ac\HB pred will ruin your day. Get them in cover ASAP.

Veterans: Either get drop troops doctrine to suicide drop this unit onto enemy tanks or swap the unit for 10 vets infiltrating in cover with 1 Las cannon, 3 plasmaguns and maybe chameleoline. At the moment you are walking this unit around and the enemy will see it as a lot of firepower and so easy to shoot as to be a no brainer.
    They will never foot slog into range and if they are hunting deep striking termies in the back field then this unit will be the first one the termies shoot on the turn they arrive. Plasma guns are twice as good against terminators anyway. I know you die to overheating but with such a dangerous firepower squad as this, you will always be singled out and would never reasonably be expected to get a second shot.

Inquisitor: drop hammerhand. It is only St6 and doesn't penetrate power armour. Get a power weapon if you want combat but I wouldn't. Get 2 extra HB servitors and 2 sages (drop familliar). This unit can easily be shot up at the moment. By adding more bodies and deployind in cover you can make them survivable.

Inq: Psicannon, 2 HB serv, 1 PC Serv, 2 Sage, 1 Mystic = 171pts. For a cheaper version drop the psicannon for a bolter (bit this guy is BS5) :cry:.

Platoon 1:
    Platoon HQ: Meltas are poor for termie hunting as they will be shot long before getting in range. I suggest swapping the 3 meltas for 1 plasmagun in each infantry squad.

Squads: ML & Plas gun squads are the best for anti marine work. Upgrading the ML to a LC is more pricy but gives the squad a better anti tank role.

Platoon 2: I Like the second leadership bubble. The platoon HQ is too tempting a target. Move the weapons into other units so the enemy can't shoot 5 men and kill lots of firepower and a leadership generator. If the unit just had lasguns the enemy would have to choose between reducing your plasma firepower or degrading your command structure.
    Again maybe drop one squad for points to make the other squads have a plasmagun. Statistically 1 HB or AC will kill less MEQs than 1 krak missile but they are better against termies.

Grenadiers: with their better save, make them both plasma guns otherwise you may have to wait for the enemy to get in range of that meltagun. Even worse you may be tempted to move towards them to use it.

Sentinel: Great. I would try to get more of these. He will be far more interested in shooting Leman Russ tanks than shooting these. Keep them mobile and at near maximunm range. Use them in squads of one, never together.

Rough riders: Difficult. Keep them well behind cover then launch a counter attack. If you don't counter attack soon they will probably be the first thing 5 termies shoot as they deep strike behind you. Imagine what 4 storm bolters and an assault cannon would do to their puny toughness and armour. Making the squad 10 men is expensive for a one shot unit like this. Don't expect too much from them and one game in three they will delight you.

Tanks: Fantastic, 3HB tanks give them a use in case the battle cannon is destroyed but keeping them cheap is also valid. If you have more points swap one of them for the Forgeworld Plasma russ and give it HB sponsons & pintel Stubber. This thing can move and fire all weapons without penalty. That's 13 shots.:w00t: If terminators deep strike then the pasma cannon really shines:yes:.

If you need points for this upgrade then swapping a russ for a bassalisk will save you some, If you don't take indirect fire for it, it will save more points but probbably die straight away.

Edit: Almost forgot. Iron discipline is so cheap as to be almost mandatory on your three officers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

well i will add drop troops but the melta squads probably wont use it because i dont have enough plasma guns i only have 5(1 is pistol) but a executioner will be used if my opponents agree(doubt in) but the squads that die first are not my hq's or useful squads they die last for some reason(turn 6 1 russ 6 man armored fist HSO with 1 wound, JO plasma pistol alive. opponent 1 terminator HQ, emperors champion, 6 space marines)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

i dont have enough plasma guns-5(1 is pistol) and the expensive squads die last(stupid opponent thinks theyre all the same) i will use the executioner if opponent is okay with it and(unfortunately) only have 1 grenadier with plasma gun but i may buy some more plasma guns(i never overheat lol)

+ Reply to Thread