[1500] Deathwing/Ravenwing - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] Deathwing/Ravenwing

Belial 130
    -lightning claws

Terminator Squad 250
    -3 storm bolter/powerfist
    -1 storm bolter/chainfist
    -1 assault cannon/ powerfist

Terminator Squad 245
    -1 thunderhammer/stormsheild

Terminator Squad 245

Terminator Squad 290
    -2 Lightning Claws
    -1 Lightning Claws + Cyclone Missile launcher
    -1 Lightning Claws + apothecary
    -1 Lightning Claws + Deathwing standard bearer

Ravenwing attack squadron 340
    -6 bikes
    -2 meltas

Land Speeder
    -assault cannon
    -heavy bolter

1500 pts

considering dropping the land speeder to put in an attack bike just for another teleport homer. i could also drop the landspeeder and two meltas and then put in 3 bikes. thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

As a fellow Deathwing player you shoould listen to this.
    Split the Ravenwing squads into two units of three with a veteran sergeant with a powerfist and two plasma gunners. Treat them as exspendable and you have two units that can wreck hacoc on anything that does not have a +1 save (ie: pretty much everything). This way you get two teleport homers and a backup to aid you with combats that are not going your way.
    Drop the standard bearer, you do not need it in a force that is completely Fearless and will not need to the re-roll morale and pinning tests that they do take in the first place, use the points elsewhere my good friend. ^_^

I hope this helps.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Split the Ravenwing squads into two units of three with a veteran sergeant with a powerfist and two plasma gunners. Treat them as exspendable and you have two units that can wreck hacoc on anything that does not have a +1 save (ie: pretty much everything). This way you get two teleport homers and a backup to aid you with combats that are not going your way.

I dunno, this sounds pretty expensive - and his army is primarily deathwing, so it might not be what he is after. More terminators for the win! Also, bikes should never be treated as expendible, not when they are about 40 points each. What's more, you cannot assault after rapid-firing hand held weapons, so the plasmagun/powerfist combo is a little rough.

Moreover, the ravenwing squad can be broken up into two 3 man squads anway, what with the whole combat squad rule.

Drop the standard bearer, you do not need it in a force that is completely Fearless and will not need to the re-roll morale and pinning tests that they do take in the first place, use the points elsewhere my good friend.
    You do realise that the banner also bestows an extra attack upon each member of the squad in which it is held? Thats a lot of extra lightning claw attacks. I like it!

considering dropping the land speeder to put in an attack bike just for another teleport homer. i could also drop the landspeeder and two meltas and then put in 3 bikes. thoughts?
    Hmm. It is true that you don't really need the landspeeder, seeing as there are a bunch of assault cannons elsewhere, although it could be good for a landgrab later in the game if you need to claim quarters or something. If it is still alive, that is.

You could replace it with a typhoon, and perhaps remove the apothecary upgrade, that way you could add an attack bike with multimelta and meltabombs for the biker sergeant. Although a terminator apothecary does look pretty cool, and can be effective as well.
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

finally some replies.

new list. dropped the tornado, cyclone missile launcher and added an attack bike and a landspeeder. added meltabombs on the sarge to fill points.

Belial 130
    -lightning claws

Terminator Squad 250
    -1 storm bolter/chainfist

Terminator Squad 245

Terminator Squad 245

Terminator Squad 270
    -3 Lightning Claws
    -1 Lightning Claws + apothecary
    -1 Lightning Claws + Deathwing standard bearer

Ravenwing attack squadron 295
    -6 bikes
    -2 meltas
    -sarge with meltabombs

Attack bike
    -1 multimelta

Ravenwing support squad 65
    - heavy bolter

1500 pts

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

cyclone missile launcher and added an attack bike

Great choice, in my mind - a bike mounted multimelta is ludicrously better than a teleporting krak missile. More often than not you will want to hide the lightning claw squad too, wasting the cyclone anyway.

Hmm. Although I was saying before that there isn't really much point to taking 2 seperate bike squads, I just realised that you could split that squad into two, remove the meltabombs and the landspeeder, and in return have another attack bike...

Just as an option. And that's assuming my calculations from memory are correct. What you already have is pretty good anyways...
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

+ Reply to Thread