1750 GT Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1750 GT Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 GT Army

HQ
    201 HSO - Power Sword, Iron Discipline, Master Vox, Standard Bearer, Commissar, Honorifica Imperialis, Power Fist

120 Anti - Tank support - Lascannons, Sharshooters
    120 Anti - Tank support - Lascannons, Sharshooters

Elites
    115 Hardened Veterans - 10, Plasma Gun, Autocannon, Vox-Caster

Troops
    480 JO - Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon, Vox Caster, Iron Discipline
    Squad 1 Plasma Gun, Vox-Caster, Heavy Bolter
    Squad 2 Plasma Gun, Vox-Caster, Heavy Bolter
    Squad 3 Plasma Gun, Vox-Caster, Heavy Bolter
    Squad 4 Vox-Caster, Autocannon
    Squad 5 Vox-Caster, Autocannon

136 Storm Troopers - Plasma gun, Plasma gun, Vox-Caster, Veteran, Power Weapon
    90 Chimera - Multi-Laser, Heavy Bolter, Extra Armor

Heavy Support
    125 Basilisk - Indirect Fire,
    182 Leman Russ - Lascannon, Heavy Bolters, Heavy Stubber, Extra Armor
    180 Leman Russ Demolisher - Lascannon, Heavy Bolters, Extra Armor

93 Models 4 Vehicles 1749Points

I'm hoping to put out enough hurt from far away in order to advance around the 4th turn to take some objectives giving me time to get control of them. My Command Squad is my anti Assualt unit. Storm troopers as well as the other JO to. Still the job is shooting but im really hoping on thinning them out enough for me to win. The name of the game here is lets put some shots on the field. So what do you think. I see I have alot of las cannons to deal with nid zillas or insta kill obliterators. Plenty of Plasma for MEQ. HB and Auto cannons for anti infantry/ light vehicle. Chimera to jump my storm troopers from on end of a line to the other. Vox network ensures that my army gets a high leader ship all around and not some 10 here and then a 8 from my JO. Last game i played was against iron warriors. He killed 6 guardsmen and I killed his entire army. So what do you think.

Last edited by BadNewRanger; August 4th, 2007 at 01:19.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Hellhounds are good tanks Dakka,Dakka,Dakka's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

hq-drop the master vox and get veteran sergents(with bolters if you want) combined with close order drill to make guard squads leadership 9 and if you buy the bolters an extra special weapon(1 boltgun, 6 lasgun, 1 plasmagun, and 3 heavybolter shots at 24' is much more effective than 2 extra lasguns) also close order drill makes you initiative 4 so you go at

p.s. dont expect your command squad to do anything in close combat so drop the powerfist for a power weapon otherwise you wont get 1 attack(unless you play a lot of non meq by which case go with powerfist because you'll go last anyway)

3x plasma guns on vets i assume if so they are fine

maybe add a sentinel with an autocannon or lascannon it is set up last so that is an advantage in itself

heavy-think about droping the lascannon on the tanks because they should be anti infantry they are not a land raider Guard tanks kill infantry, Guard infantry kill tanks.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, like Dakka said, dropping your master-vox and subsequent vox-casters for the close-order drill doctrine is going to make your save many precious points that could be better spent elsewhere. Consider dropping your Commissar and power fist if your going with this tactic, since your HSO's leadership is going to be boosted by close-order drill anyways. Referring to a guard unit as an "assault squad" is kind of funny though, since usually IG HQ squads are there to prance around with a company standard, heh. Sharpshooters here is costly for one support squad, and not that important considering the rest of your force.

Ok moving on... Storm Troopers as troops choice in your kind of force is good, but I'd select them as elites and get them infiltrate or deep strike instead of slapping them inside a chimera, point-wise it's a great investment and it will make them mobile too. Veterans should always be maxed out with special weapons and heavy weapons, just making sure. By scrounging a few points here and there, you could drop your first infantry platoon to the command squad along with 3 infantry squads and add a second platoon with the same layout, giving your 6 infantry squad total (so... more heavy weapons and special weapons ). I'd emphasize on autocannons and missile launchers here, maybe 1-2 heavy bolters tops, since your Leman Russ Tanks should bring on the anti-infantry arsenal. As such, infantry with autocannons or lascannons should wield plasma, while missile launchers should be paired with grenade launchers (mobility issue).

Basilisk choice is fine, Russes should go with triple heavy bolters, or for massive overkill, you *could* give your Russ Demolisher plasma cannons, but that's only if your have the points. Giving a heavy stubber to a tank with 3 heavy bolters is kind of a waste, another few points for you to scrounge. Smoke launchers isn't a bad idea either, it's dirt cheap and can potentially save your tanks' behinds!

With your point savings, you could outfit your guardsmen with more wargear, include veteran sergeants in your squads to maximize leadership stats with close-order drill, and maybe pull out sentinels with autocannon/lascannon loadout or a hellhound with heavy bolter and heavy stubber for some trailblazing lol.

For doctrines, close-order drill is a must along with iron discipline. After that it's really up to your tastes. Want a paradropping army, go drop troops. Want durable men, go carapace armour. The possibilities are endless really, although some doctrines like Veterans that remove the 0-1 limit are simply priceless.
    What do Khorne Berzerkers say to Necrons after chopping some of their bits off? "BLOOD FOR... Eh? Come on! You just take the fun out of it... Scream! Yell! Awww... not even a trace of guts..." *sniffles and kicks dirt*

"You can go far with a smile. You can go even further with a smile and a gun"

+ Reply to Thread