1000pts list help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pts list help

hi i started deamonhunters and i would like to know if my list will be any good against chaos,necrons,eldar and marines

1inquisitor lord,power armor,needle pistol,anointed weapon,holocaust=100
    5 henchmen,familiar,acolyte,2 warrios 1 with flamer,hirophant=49
    1callidus assassin=120
    9 grey knights,justicar,incinerator=260(deep striking)
    9grey knights,justicar,psycannon=275
    7inquisitorial stormtroopers=70(meat shield):w00t:
    1 grey knight dreadnought,thwin linked lascannon,extra armor=135

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Firstly, this should be posted in the army list subforum...
    but onto the list.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho View Post
    1inquisitor lord,power armor,needle pistol,anointed weapon,holocaust=100
    Anointed weapon is good if you play alot of daemons and daemonic vehicles.. but this guys should never get into hand to hand.. and would take all game trying to walk up to a vehicle. I personally would give him a psycannon, p/armour, auspex and thats it. If you are wanting c/c, maybe look at dual lightning claws and scourging or just a bolt pistol and p/weapon.
    5 henchmen,familiar,acolyte,2 warrios 1 with flamer,hirophant=49
    If going c/c give one warrior a p/fist and only use a hirophant if again going against alot of daemons.. otherwise the points could be better spent on more effective henchmen. If shooty, get some heavy weapons, a couple of sages amd a mystic, makes a great firebase.
    1callidus assassin=120
    Nice choice. Dont forget to move a unit at the start of the game
    9 grey knights,justicar,incinerator=260(deep striking)
    Drop the incinerator, for what it costs and what you lose by having it (true grit etc) they are hardly ever worth it and they dont get much use. Also remember that because you have them as fast attack doesnt mean they have to d/strike, they can be placed in deployment phase, which is always great tactically.
    9grey knights,justicar,psycannon=275
    I would lose the psycannon, again its a point sink and slows the unit down, also with an 18" range the gun is wasted on this unit, you would get more bang for your buck with the s/bolter c/c weapon combo.
    7inquisitorial stormtroopers=70(meat shield):w00t:
    These guys are great, you might as well give them a couple of plasma guns and take down some terminators since they are there
    1 grey knight dreadnought,thwin linked lascannon,extra armor=135
    Very nice, would upgrade to a missile launcher also.. you'll find its better to have both arms working towards the same goal than have one doing nothing for half the game and then when it does get to work the other is wasted...

Good luck.

EDIT: PS. Nice first list.
    Last edited by Lord Lucias; August 8th, 2007 at 14:50.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Hey hey, looks like a pretty good stab at a first list! Couple quick things though:

As Luke noted, army lists go in the army list subforum . Also, Luke had good advice all the way around, so, yeah, I agree with him =). Just to reiterate, though, for sure get some sort of special weapons on your stormtroopers. Preferably Plasma Guns, since that sort of high-str-low-AP weaponry is not available on Grey Knights. Unfortunately, your list is illegal as it stands. In order to take any Grey Knight vehicles, you must take a Grey Knight Hero HQ unit =(. I think you'll need to do some restructuring to get some anti-tank weaponry in the list. Feel free to toss another list up in the thread later on.

Cheers,

-H

P.S. Could a kindly mod punt this over to the proper forum? Thanks!
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Hey, as the previous posters said, make sure to post your lists in the dedicated Army List subforums in the future! I'll go ahead and move the thread for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new list

ok i have changed my list it took me while but i got there

1 brother captin,holocaust=81
    1 inquisitor,close combat weapon,needle pistol=31
    1 eversor temple assain=95
    9 grey knights,justicar=250
    9 inquisitorial stormtrooprs,melta gun,plasma gun=110
    1 rhino=50
    1 grey knight dreadnought,twin linked lascannon,extra armor=135

plan:the inquisitor is going with the stormtroopers in the rhino to find a good spot to cover the advance of the greyknights and eversor if he needs it

when that is done i will send my rhino to distract the enemy

evesor attacks a anti tank unit or a force that will do a lot of damage

grey knights run itno combat

dreadnought kills tank and maybe the odd terminator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

1 brother captin,holocaust=81
    1 inquisitor,close combat weapon,needle pistol=31
    1 eversor temple assain=95
    9 inquisitorial stormtrooprs,melta gun,plasma gun=110
    1 rhino=50
    1 grey knight dreadnought,twin linked lascannon,extra armor=135
    Hey hey,

Your second list is looking good!

I'll recommend a few changes -- they're optimizations, really.

First off, the brother captain is just a one-wound IC, which means he's pretty likely to die before that holocaust goes off. Also, if he gets a perils attack, he's toast =). Since you'll be foot-slogging your GKs, why not drop the holocaust, and find an extra 10 points for a psycannon for him? In the Terminator armour, he'll be able to fire it at max range on the move. Since he's alone, he'll be untargetable so long as there's a closer unit to the enemy (like two big squads of Grey Knights =D). Depending on the game, though, he could get a lot of shots off before he hits combat. And it's got high enough strength to threaten transports, or even heavier vehicles provided you can get some shots off at their side or rear armour. Which brings me to my next point -- you can also deep-strike him alone for a shot at rear or side armour. Again, he'll be able to fire his psycannon at max range as soon as he hits, so you have to potential to do some real damage. Well, enough about this guy =).

The inquisitor is tooled out for close combat, but you'll be putting him in a firebase squad. I realize you're trying to keep him cheap, though, but a few non-power weapon, low-strength attacks aren't going to save your ISTs if they get assaulted. Instead, I'd give him a shooty weapon and let him get his dakka on with the rest of the squad. Psycannon, storm bolter, or just a lowly bolter I think would all provide better utility for you. Also, his points seem to be off. With the gear you've given him, he should come to 26 points.

The eversor and troops look solid. You could probably get away with dropping a Grey Knight from each squad to pay for other things, if you want, but there's something so satisfying about a max-sized Grey Knight squad, no? Also, you lose nothing by making one of the Grey Knights squads into Fast Attack. Then you can Deep-strike them if you're feeling up to it, or just set them up last and foot-slog them. But at least then you've got the option =).

Your ISTs look pretty good. A chimera is a little better for a fire-base squad, due to the heavy weapons you can get, but of course it's always hard to find the points. Regarding their special weapons, I'd recommend two plasma guns for a firebase squad due to their longer range, but to each his own.

Your Dread is also pretty good, though I think you'll be much happier with a missile-launcher arm. Since you'll be using him for armour-busting, the DCCW is going to be wasted the whole game, where you could be firing off krak missiles. Also, he will retain at least the ability to pop armour even after suffering a weapon destroyed result.

Right, well, that's everything I've got. Good luck!

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. August 8th, 2007, 19:35