2000 BT, massed infantry - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 BT, massed infantry

I made this to be a force of assault based foot troops. As the Vindicator is the only tank, I don't expect it to do much other than serve as a bullet sponge. I'm not sure how infiltrating the sword brethren will work as I've never really used infiltrators.

All thoughts appreciated.

HQ
    Marshal (121)
    _2 Lightning Claws
    _Frags
    _Holy orb of Antioch

Emperor's Champion (140)
    _Accept Any Challenge

Elite
    Sword Brethren Terminators (245)
    5 Terminators
    _2 Assault cannons
    _1 Chain fist

Sword Brethren (250)
    10 Sword Brethren
    _Bolt Pistols & CCWs
    _2 with Terminator honors
    __Power weapon
    __Power fist
    _Infiltrate
    _Frags

Troops
    Crusader Squad (235)
    10 Initiates
    _Bolt pistols & CCWs
    _Power fist
    _Meltagun
    5 Neophytes
    _Bolt pistols & CCWs

Crusader Squad (235)
    10 Initiates
    _Bolt pistols & CCWs
    _Power fist
    _Meltagun
    5 Neophytes
    _Bolt pistols & CCWs

Crusader Squad (117)
    6 Initiates
    _Bolters
    _Lascannon
    _Plasmagun

Crusader Squad (117)
    6 Initiates
    _Bolters
    _Lascannon
    _Plasmagun

Fast Attack
    Assault Squad (245)
    10 Initiates
    _Power fist
    _2 Plasma pistols

Land Speeder Tornado (80)
    _Heavy bolter
    _Assault cannon

Land Speeder Tornado (80)
    _Heavy bolter
    _Assault cannon

Heavy Support
    Vindicator (133)
    _Extra armor
    _Smoke launchers

Black Templar (3000)
    Imperial Guard (1500 and growing)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when our troops get shoot we charge so its a bad idea to take static firepower unit its best to make all units assult based so when they get shoot the extra d6

drop the las sqauds so you can take more heavy support slots

i would take grimaldus hes best for foot slogging armies
    A commander who puts his faith in heavy weapons alone will be outmanoeuvred. A commander who relies on close combat without support will lose his forces to enemy fire. Each element must work in harmony,so that the effectiveness of the army is greater than the some of its part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

I very much like the list. And while Grimaldus is good in a footslogging list, he can be easily nullified by RZ moves, and the marshal (in this case with dedicated shooting) will better erve the list. BT las/plas squads are as good as a veteran-led las/plas squad for other armies when the marshal is on the table.

There are a few suggestions that I might think about doing, but overall, it's pretty nice, and should serve you well the way it is. Just make sure you really understand RZ and what it actually forces you to do, and you'll be good.

My opinions:

HQ is good, but I think that the marshal would serve you better with a jump pack, and joined to the assault squad. This way, all the units still have his leadership, but he can make the decision of where to attack, instead of possibly being stuck with an unfortunate RZ move. The only problem is in an escalation game, as the troops then will only have basic leadership.

Elites are good: Your termies are awesome, but I think the Sword Brethren are a tough call. They are pretty expensive, as you could get another 5 termies, and still have points left over! The infiltrate is nice, but I'm not 100% sure they are as effective as their points would make you think. On the positive side, they allow you to most likely get a 2nd turn charge if they survive. The models are nice, too.

Troops are great! 2 units of CC death, and 2 units of long-range support. The las/plas is great as you must RZ move up to d6" (just like a massacre move) during the RZ tests, they can effectively stayn relatively stationary and maintain a good fire base with the marshal's leadership.

Fast attack is great. No changes.

The only thing I would change in the entire list if it was mine is the vindi. While I love the tank, and it's effectiveness, I just don't think it will last past the first turn in this set up as every single tank weapon will be targetted at it. Furthermore, when you take it, you really need to take the Power of the Machine Spirit, to make it truly effective. I would rather see you smack another las/plas on the table that can shoot every turn, and use the extra points for the JP for the marshal than use this vindi. But it is pretty cool looking. If you want to go the tank route in HS, I feel you need at least three tanks to be effective (think 2 pred annihilators and 1 vindi instead of the 2 las/plas & vindi).

Just my two cents. Happy hunting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Listen up you primitive screwheads ... see this ... this is my BOOM-stick!" - Ash

"I told you, it's not Pink! It's Light Red!" Donut on his new power-armor.

+ Reply to Thread