new lists 1500,2000,3000 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new lists 1500,2000,3000

since posting my last list i came up with these army lists.

1500pts

HQ:
    GM mc nfw, icon of the just, psychic hood 205

Troop:
    10 pagk melta bomb 280 x3

Heavy:
    dread tllc, ml,hk missile, blessed 165

dread,dccw,ac,blessed 120

Elite:
    inqisitor,pa,pw,pp 60

vindicare 110

2000pts

HQ:
    gm mc nfw, icon, psychic hood, teleport homer 245

Troop:
    10 pagk melta bomb,frag 281 x2

Fast:
    10 fagk melta bomb,frag 281 x2

Heavy:
    dread tllc,ml,hk missile,blessed,smoke,ea 173

dread dccw,ac,blessed,smoke,ea 128

Elite:
    inqisitor pa,pw,pp,teleport homer 70

death cult assassins 40 x2

vindicare 110

3000pts

HQ:
    gm mc nfw,icon,psycannon,psychic hood 582
    7gkt 1psycannon

Troop:
    10 pagk meltabomb 280 x3

Fast:
    10 fagk meltabomb 280 x3

Heavy:
    dread tllc,ml,hk missile,blessed smoke 168

dread dccw,ac,blessed,ea 125

LRC blessed 165

Elite:
    inqisitor pa,pw pp 60

callidus 120

as of yet i dont have all the models i need but it wont take that long to get what little more i need to complete these lists.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

1500:

-Lose the hood on the GM.
    -It looks like the Inquisitor is there just to get you the Vindicare, right? Drop the Plasma Pistol on him, it'll insta kill him if he rolls a 1. I am guessing that he's accompanying one of the PAGK squads. If so, give him something that he can shoot with on the move.
    -Lose blessed on the Dreads. Give them extra armor instead.

2000:

-All the suggestions above.
    - Since you're at a higher point level, drop the Death Cult assassins and turn your inquisitor into a Shooty Psycannon, Plasma Cannon, HB servitor squad. Add in some sages and this squad has some nice firepower.

3000:

-Everything above.
    -You lack serious tank killing power at this points level. Also, your Crusader will get shot to pieces quite quickly unless you're lucky.

-Spaar
    Currently Playing:
    Fantasy: Daemons (Angels), 40k: Black Templars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how will the plasma pistol instant kill him. on a one he takes a wound not a strength 7 hit. what else can i give the inqisitor so that he can shoot on the move?
    the blessed on the shooty dread comes in handy against chaos vehicles and the aegis comes in handy as well. the blessed on the close combat dread isnt helping. thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Well, it's a little hard to comment on your list with no explanation of how you plan to use some of your elements, such as the GM, Inquisitor, or LRC. Are you Deep Striking anything? How do you plan to use the assassins in your list? That sort of stuff can help us with suggestions, as well as help you streamline your units for their given role. For instance, if you're planning on footslogging your GM, I'd highly recommend a psycannon on him. Because of his terminator armour and high BS, he'll be able to lay down a withering amount of fire on the move. If you're deepstriking him, or sticking him with a troops squad in the LRC, it's not so important, yes? Also, is your Inquisitor going it alone, or is he attached to any squads?

But, more general stuff:

-The Vindicare is a difficult model to make his points back with, since he's going to inflict an average of about 2-3 wounds in a game. I'd recommend an Eversor, both due to his immense close combat prowess, and the fact that he has Melta Bombs, infiltrate, and a big charge range which will allow him to tank-hunt in a pinch. He's also cheaper, so, woot!

-You look short on Anti-Tank to me. If you think about it, you only have one unit that is a true long-range armour-hunter in your TLLC/ML dread. Your AC/DCCW dread is more infantry-suppression: while he can pop armour, he needs to be close to do it, which will take time, and more importantly, expose him to a lot more fire. Ditto for the LRC -- I'd consider switching it out for a standard LR. But I'd try to get at least two TLLC/ML dreads in a 'balanced' 1500 point list, and probably another one or a LR at higher point-levels. An opponent can field an awful lot of tanks in an IG list with 3000 points to play with =).

-The HK missiles on the Dread aren't terribly useful. They're expensive for a mediocre one-shot weapon -- more expensive than an upgrade that will let you shoot them all game long (ML arm)! Furthermore, you'll only be able to shoot them in addition to the rest of your weapons if you remain stationary. I think you can spend points on better things -- like extra armour and smoke launchers, particularly on any AC/DCCW variants you field!

-Death-cult assassins are expensive and fragile, but... well, if you like them, feel free to use them. I think they've got a place in Radical armies, but personally, I'd rather just use more Grey Knights!

-Why'd you switch assassins at the higher points-level?

-I'm not sure what you have planned for your Inquisitor, but unless he has a transport, the teleport homer is not terribly useful. Since he'll be moving at normal infantry speed, he won't be able to bring down troops anywhere they couldn't have walked themselves =).

Well, hopefully, some of that is helpful. If you post later with a little more detail on your IC's, it would be a little easier to comment on them =). Just a side-note, the plasma pistol isn't an instant kill on an Inquisitor. I think spaar might be thinking of a Perils of the Warp attack .

Cheers,

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

I made 2 mistakes... 1, it isn't a strength 7 wound that the inquisitor takes, and 2, he'll get an armor save.

Still though, I would go with Artificer Armor on him at the very least since it looks like you're planning on assaulting. That way if you keep the pistol he'll at least have to roll a 1 to hit and a 1 to get a wound.

-Spaar
    Currently Playing:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my vindicare usually makes back his points

my troops with the melta bomb and the lTLLC/ML dread are my anti-tank

the hk missile helps give you that one extra shot when you need it

the death cult assassins are a filler and they also help hold up a squad for a turn or two

i can switch the assassins at any point level just drop the blessed of the c/c dread

the inqisitor and the gm i plan to just march across the field with a squad of grey knights

and thanks for pointing out the perils thing i missed that oops :/

to spaar

im not trying to make the inqisitor live i just need him for the assassin. i give him the bare minimum to do something

thanks for the comments

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by dpeekstok View Post
    my troops with the melta bomb and the lTLLC/ML dread are my anti-tank
    Well, it doesn't seem to me that melta bombs are going to be that effective on your troops/fast attack infantry squads -- vehicles can outrun you =). Not to mention you'll need to march alllllll the way up to them to use them. If they're tansports that are rushing towards you, you'll get to use them, but if they're ordinance-droppers in the back-field? It doesn't seem like a viable anti-tank solution to me. Sure, I'll drop some Melta Bombs on squads if I have extra points, but I don't think relying on them as a main element of your anti-armour is a great idea. Just imagine trying to catch up with a skimmer, then, if you managed it, you still only hit on a 6 with that one attack. With your list as it stands, I think fast or mechanized armies are going to give you a lot of trouble.

the inqisitor and the gm i plan to just march across the field with a squad of grey knights
    Ah, then a psycannon would be just the thing on the GM, methinks. Speaking of, your points cost for him in your 2000 point list is off for the gear you have listed on the GM. Still not too sure why you'd want a teleport homer on a unit that is footslogging, let alone two footsloggers =). It should be way easy to find the points for a psycannon, with all of the extras you have in your list (i.e. teleport homers, blessed dreads).

im not trying to make the inqisitor live i just need him for the assassin. i give him the bare minimum to do something
    Actually, giving him just a psycannon is a little cheaper, and probably more effective, too, considering his standard human statline. Since he's an IC, he can't be targeted while you have another unit closer to the enemy. That way he can sit untouchable and blaze away at any transports, skimmers, or infantry that needs killing .

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry guys at 2000 the gm should have a psycannon. i payed the points but forgot to type it out.

with basic troops as S6 that means i can hurt up to armor 12 that is not to bad. also the c/c dread can destroy any thing. S10 and 2d6 armor penitration is another good anti-tank plus the assult cannon.

the teleport homer helps get in the fast attack without getting them killed by drifting.
    thats why i have teleport homers on my footslogers.

i could use a psycannon inqisitor at the same price. 20 (inqisitor) + 30 (psycannon) + 10 (power armor). wouldnt be a bad idea. thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

with basic troops as S6 that means i can hurt up to armor 12 that is not to bad. also the c/c dread can destroy any thing. S10 and 2d6 armor penitration is another good anti-tank plus the assult cannon.
    As Hasten said, you're assuming that you're going to catch the vehicles. You have to do that first before you can actually attack them with those things listed above. Also, what are you going to do about Skimmers? They will have fun trying to hit the thing on 6's.

the teleport homer helps get in the fast attack without getting them killed by drifting.
    You're assuming here that the footsloggers will survive the trip up there. By leaving the Teleporters off the board that gives your enemy less options to shoot at and they can destroy entire squads before you even get remotely close enough to use the TH. Then you have to deepstrike them anyways (something you could have done before everything you had got shot to pieces). You're better off footslogging the teleporters so that they at least get their storm bolter shots off while the enemy is trying to kill them.

A vehicle is the way to go. You'll get there sooner and less points will die off once you unload.

-Spaar
    Currently Playing:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

135 (x4)

with basic troops as SX that means i can hurt up to armor XX that is not to bad. also the c/c dread can destroy any thing. SX and Xd6 armor penitration is another good anti-tank plus the assult cannon.
    Well, I don't mean to discourage you, and if you like your list as it is, then by all means field it! But like spaar said, everything you're mentioning here moves at 6" per turn, so unless the vehicles in question are actively moving towards you, there's no reason why you should be able to assault them. After all, a standard vehicle can move twice as fast as you, fast vehicles will run circles around them, and skimmers will require 6s to hit. I'd just hate you to spend a lot of time and effort (not to mention cash!) on 3000 points worth of Daemonhunters that you end up hating =).

Well, the problem is that, assuming the unit containing the teleport homer lasts until your troops come in, the teleporting unit's going to be landing right next to other footsloggers -- no closer to the enemy or objective than if they'd walked there themselves! And you've deprived yourself of several rounds of stormbolter fire, and helped your opponent concentrate his fire on the units that are on the table.

Now, that's not to say you couldn't deep strike those units elsewhere -- on a flank somewhere, perhaps, to limit incoming fire. But in that case, the teleport homers are wasted points. That's why I suggested cutting them, as they are fairly expensive, and don't seem to offer very much utility to your list. That said, you don't really have to model them, so if you decide that you don't like having them in there down the road, you can just cut them and add in something else =).

Cheers,

-H
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast