1500 - Dark Angels (Raven/Death) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 - Dark Angels (Raven/Death)

Alright, so i picked up the Ravenwing battleforce at my store because it was on sale, and went ahead and wrote a 1500 pt list. I'm fairly happy with it, but i'm a TOTAL SM NOOB. I started 40k with Necrons, and i thought this army would be a good idea.

I'm thinking of dropping the second attack bike and Landspeeder for another Bike squad, but that depends, really..opinion on that?

Anyways.

1500 Dark Angels List

Master of the Ravenwing
    +XX Points

Ravenwing Bike Squad
    +3 Bikes
    +Plasma Pistol
    +Power Weapon
    +Plasma Gun x2
    +Attack Bike
    =230 Points

Ravenwing Bike Squad
    +3 Bikes
    +Plasma Pistol
    +Power Weapon
    +Plasma Gun x2
    +Attack Bike
    =230 Points

Ravenwing Land Speeder
    +Speeder
    +Assault Cannon
    =100 Points

Ravenwing Land Speeder
    +Speeder
    =XX Points

Deathwing Terminator Squad
    +5 Terminators
    +Heavy Flamer
    =220 Points

+5 Terminators
    +Heavy Flamer
    =220 Points

Venerable Dreadnought
    +Dreadnought
    +Venerable
    +Lascannon (Twin L)
    +Extra Armour
    +Drop Pod
    =230 Points

=1500 Points exactly.

Comments/Criticism?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Dear All Concerned... yourtimehascome's Avatar
    I am everywhere and nowhere, sometimes at the same time.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

Dear All Concered,

Well 007, good to see yah!

Here yah go:

"Ravenwing Land Speeder +Speeder =XX Points"

I would lose this individual on and instead make a land speeder team.

2. I have mixed emotions abut the extra bike squadron.

Although they count as scouts and are fearless (I think), if used correctly, land speeders can make excellent resources as tank, character, horde or in between hunters. What ever fits in with how you like to use your army, I would go with, just trust your gut!

I have seen ravenwing armies with almost all bikes, so if you wanted to go with a really fast, hard hitting force, I would drop the termies for bikes. Although a full bike army is somewhat unbalanced, when used right it can be extremely deadly.

Otherwise, I might have used a drop pod for your termies (make them CC termies) and you dread and dropped in behind th enemy to creae some confusion and allow more more time to get your bikes in place. Another thing I might consider is a 2000 point army and add a tank of some sort.

Again, it all depends on the type of army you like to play with!

-ythc
    Fluff Master

You are not your avatar. You are not your knowledge of the rules or your last article. You are not your post count. You are not your rep. You are not your title. You are not your blog. You are not your painting or modeling skills. You are not your location, rating, profile comments, friends or armies. You are not your signature.

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by 007Torrasque View Post
    Alright, so i picked up the Ravenwing battleforce at my store because it was on sale, and went ahead and wrote a 1500 pt list. I'm fairly happy with it, but i'm a TOTAL SM NOOB. I started 40k with Necrons, and i thought this army would be a good idea.
    Its interesting that you went straight to Ravenwing being a SM noob. I think you'd be best off trying some regular Dark Angels before moving into specialty wings.

I'm thinking of dropping the second attack bike and Landspeeder for another Bike squad, but that depends, really..opinion on that?
    Extra bodies are always good, as Doublewing Armies tend to have very low model counts. If you're willing to give up that extra Assault cannon, then go for it.

Anyways.

1500 Dark Angels List

Master of the Ravenwing
    +XX Points
    Which is this one, speeder or jetbike? That could easily change your tactics in any game.

Ravenwing Bike Squad
    +3 Bikes
    +Plasma Pistol
    +Power Weapon
    +Plasma Gun x2
    +Attack Bike
    =230 Points
    Looks good, but I'd take a powerfist, so that if they end up in combat, they can handle big gribblies that hit them.

Ravenwing Bike Squad
    +3 Bikes
    +Plasma Pistol
    +Power Weapon
    +Plasma Gun x2
    +Attack Bike
    =230 Points
    Continuing from above, the plasma pistols may be a bit expensive. Although, I like this plasma loadout you have. If it works well, keep it. If not, I'd switch for Meltabombs and Powerfists.

Ravenwing Land Speeder
    +Speeder
    +Assault Cannon
    =100 Points
    Always a good option.

Ravenwing Land Speeder
    +Speeder
    =XX Points
    Make sure this is a multi melta, as the rest of your list is severely lacking in any Anti Tank weapons.

+5 Terminators
    +Heavy Flamer
    =220 Points

+5 Terminators
    +Heavy Flamer
    =220 Points
    Consider swapping one of the heavy flamers for an assault cannon. The heavy flamer is nice, but those lucky rends may just save your ass in some games.

Venerable Dreadnought
    +Dreadnought
    +Venerable
    +Lascannon (Twin L)
    +Extra Armour
    +Drop Pod
    =230 Points
    Ewww, no way a Dreadnought should ever cost 230 points. Never. Drop the Extra Armour, I think that its far too expensive to be very useful sometimes. The Venerable option is nice, but it usually doesn't work except against glancing hits. Those are points better spent elsewhere.

=1500 Points exactly.

Comments/Criticism?
    Its easy to tell this is a first time list. May I suggest that you try to take more balanced options than a rushed through option list. It'll work out much better.

Use the Unforgiven White Dwarf list as an example of a good Ravenwing/Deathwing list. It's fairly decent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Actually Ven Dreads are very well worth having - as you have a chance of saving your Dread at the brink of death. 230 points is right because of the pod – I agree too expensive – could have a Land Raider for 20 points more!!

As to your list, I agree with most of the comments above. To which I will add:

• Drop the drop pod from that Dread!! You want that long range Lascannon taking out armour from the start of the game and out of harms way of assault. Get rid of the extra armour - Ven status will protect him quite well. Give him a missile launcher as well - that gives you good backup v armour for your lascannon.

• Get rid of the plasma pistols on your biike sergeants - they are expensive and do you want to risk overheat? Give them power fists instead of power weapons. If points are tight, keep the power weapons but give them melta bombs too for tank killing duties.

• Get rid of the bikers plasma guns (again do you really want those to overheat?) and give them meltaguns instead.

• Give your attack bikes mult-meltas.

By the way, i can't agree more on dropping the Heavy Flamers in the termy squads for assault cannons, seriously, by the time you are in flamer range you could have already pumped 8 possible rending shots into the target.

Best of luck

Cheers
    Z
    Last edited by zuriel; August 24th, 2007 at 14:35. Reason: spelling
    Keeper of the Dark Fortress
    Member of the Inner Circle
    Current armies: Deathwing and Grey Knights (I'd have more if my wife would let me)

+ Reply to Thread