1500pnter - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500pnter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pnter

Hi all

This is the current army Im using at 1500pnts

1 Grandmaster
    -Master Crafted NFW
    -Icon of Just
    -x4 Termy Retinu (1 Incinerator)

1 Inquisitor
    -Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Frag & Melta Bombs
    -Purity Seals, Digital Weapon
    -Scourging

1 Inquisitor
    -Scourging

7 IST
    -Plamsa Gun, Melta Gun
    -Sergeant with Hell Pistol, Melta Bombs, CCW, Teleport Homer
    -Rhino with Extra Armour, Smokes

6 IST
    -Plamsa Gun, Melta Gun

5 PAGK
    -Justicar with Master Crafted Weapon, Frags, Meltabombs
    -Incinerator

5 PAGK
    -Incinerator

5 PAGK
    -Incinerator

Dreadnought
    -TWLC, ML
    -Extra Armour, Smokes

Total 1500 (give or take a couple)

The Inquisition - 38-2-3

Tomb Kings - 1-1-1

Grey Company Elves - 16-1-3

Saurons Force of the Black - 8-1-3

It's better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

1 Inquisitor
    -Scourging
    Are these Inquisitors going to join the ISTs?

5 PAGK
    -Incinerator
    What weapon is master crafted?

I think you could do with another Dreadnought for anti-tank.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Hmm...

First of all, way too many incinerators.

Second, Inquisitors should be take in 1 of 2 ways: 1) Bare bones so that you can add an Assassin to the list. 2) As a shooty retinue. Your inquisitors are very expensive with all those additions you gave to them, and it hasn't made them that much better. Just my personal feelings.

Third, I agree with PathofSkulls, you need more Anti-Tank (particularly anti-skimmer) in this list. Get another Dread w/ TLLC, ML.

Also, it seems like you have too many Meltabombs on your troops.

Just some thoughts.
    -Spaar
    Currently Playing:
    Fantasy: Daemons (Angels), 40k: Black Templars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Seriously, does every squad need melta bombs? Do not use them at all, and it will save you a lot of points. I would put a psycannon in your grandmaster squad instead of an incinerator. They don't need extra help killing things close to them, they can do it perfectly fine in CC. I do not understand what you intend the inquisitors to do, they look like they are sort of set up for CC, but that is a horrible idea. Both your Storm trooper squads have teleport homers, so that must mean you are deep striking a squad or two. All you GK squads are set up with incinerators, so deep striking them will accomplish what? Now, I personally think deep striking a squad of grey knights is a horrible idea as they are way to expensive for that suicide role. One plasma cannon can get rid of your entire squad. Also they are set up with flamers, meaning they are going for anti troop, but there aren't enough guys in your units to actually get rid of an entire squad. Now the others say you need more anti-tank, but that is wrong, you need better anti-tank. All you melta bombs will be almost useless except against a dreadnaught that assaults you.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Draago View Post
    1 Grandmaster
    -Master Crafted NFW
    -Icon of Just
    -x4 Termy Retinu (1 Incinerator)
    Personally, I would use a simple BC at 1500 pts. But otherwise, this isn't a bad HQ squad. Just really expensive, concentrating much of your list's effectiveness into very few models. I prefer spreading the risk.

Also, incinerators are poor special weapon options for GKTs, IMHO. They're only good for pre-charge kicks -- effectively one-shot weapons. If you footslog them -- or get a sub-optimal scatter on deep-striking -- you'll really wish you had opted for the psycannon -- or even just the basic stormbolter -- instead. GKTs and psycannons were made for each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draago
    1 Inquisitor
    -Scourging

1 Inquisitor
    -Scourging
    I assume these guys go with the ISTs? All I can say is: That's A LOT of points for very little actual, positive combat effectiveness. You could have 2-3 GKs for each of those inquisitors. Same number of wounds, but far more survivable and effective shooting and assaulting than your Inquisitors. When you use GKs, there's never any reason to kit out any other units for close assault duty. None.
    7 IST
    -Plamsa Gun, Melta Gun

6 IST
    -Plamsa Gun, Melta Gun
    These would be pretty solid units if you bumped up the numbers to at least 8 models. Drop the inquisitors, and you can easily afford to upgrade from Rhinos to Chimeras, which work exceptionally well with plasma IST squads.
    5 PAGK
    -Incinerator

5 PAGK
    -Incinerator

5 PAGK
    -Incinerator
    GK units should always be fielded in squads of 8 or greater. At smaller sizes, they are too easily shot down or -- horror! -- assaulted and killed! Being fearless sucks when you're on the losing side of an assault, too, as you are forced to take automatic wounds from being outnumbered. And you're always outnumbered. Finally, just losing 3 models takes the units below scoring unit status, and playing DH, you don't have many units to begin with. Keeping your GK units small is not really an effective option in most cases.

Also, I would recommend against the incinerators. Sometimes it's useful to have a single one in a largish deep-striking squad, but {a} you may not always want to deep strike, in which case you'll really wish you had kept the storm bolter, and {b} you'll be using incinerators only as you head into assault. And in assault is especially where you need to get your money's worth out of GKs. But you spent points to rob your GK of everything that distinguishes him from boring, normal space marines! Not only that, but you could have almost two more vanilla GK models for what you're spending on those models with incinerators! So, instead of five rock-solid, superman GKs, you have only three bog-standard space marines. I think the choice is obvious.

Similarly, your investments into master-crafting on the Justicars is ill-advised. Again, you could have about two more GKs for those points, and you'll get better survivability and performance out of the additional wounds, shots, and high-strength attacks than you will out of your upgrades.

GKs are one of the very few units in 40K that don't need -- and should almost never have -- upgrades/modification away from their basic kit.
    Dreadnought
    -TWLC, ML
    -Extra Armour, Smokes
    Excellent. I would recommend a 2nd just like this, or that you convert one of your IST squads over to tank-hunters with 2x melta guns. GKs need all the high-strength/anti-armour weapons they can lay their hands on.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread