2000 pt Sisters & WH - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

2000 pt Sisters & WH

Canoness 131
    -blessed wepon
    -cloak of st aspira
    -jump pack
    -frag
    -inferno pistol

Battle Sisters (x10) 205
    -flamer
    -hvy flamer
    -vet superior
    -st lucius book
    ~Rhino
    -extra armor
    -smoke

Battle Sisters (x10) 205
    -flamer
    -hvy flamer
    -st lucius book
    -vet superior
    ~Rhino
    -extra armor
    -smoke

Battle Sisters (x10) 207
    -meltaguns x2
    -vet superior
    -st lucius book
    ~Rhino
    -extra armor
    -smoke

Battle Sisters (x10) 207
    -meltaguns x2
    -vet superior
    -st lucius book
    ~Rhino
    -extra armor
    -smoke

IST (x 185
    -plasma gun x2
    ~Chimera
    -multilaser,hvy bolt

IST (x5) 121
    -shotguns
    ~priest
    -carapace
    -eviscerator

+2 more members to the ISTs, whichever squad needs them

Seraphim (x 230
    -flamer x2
    -vet superior
    -eviscerator
    -st lucius book

Arco flagelants (x3) 105

Arco flagelants (x3) 105

Exorcist 140
    -extra armor

Exorcist 140
    -extra armor

2000 pts total

What do you all think about this list?

The Canoness is multipurpose and can either do tank hunting or can support other units in combat

Sister squads 1 and 2 are both mobile anti infantry. Squad 3 and 4 are anti tank or can target tough units.

The plasma ISTs and their Chimera are fire support. I only have the priest with the shotgun squad because i need the priest for my arcos and engines, and you have to put the priest somewhere. I'm not really sure what to do with them. Maybe they can reinforce squads in combat if necessary or something

The arco flagelants are there to tear up enemy squads. They'll follow my rhinos, then pop out once they're close enough

The exorcists will be my main anti tank units

The seraphim provide extra support where they're needed with the flamers and eviscerator

So let me know what you think =)

Last edited by qsd; August 26th, 2007 at 22:53.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x2)

How do i delete this thread? I accidently made 2

Sorry, i'm not that good at this

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Veteran Sister Superior should be considered a non-optional upgrade for battle sister squads. Without her they are faithless. Faith is the entire point of sistes! Otherwise you're better off with allied marines. You should also try to buy the book of st lucius wherever possible. Also the arcos will be more versatile in two squads of 3 each.

I would suggest using either the PEs or Arcos but not both at the same time for a while to see how they work. It's rather a large chunk of your army to be tied up in such a small number of easily killed and hard to control models!

Master of Those Damn Durable Swords Roland Durendal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

1). Drop the frag and melta bombs from your cannoness. With a certain act of faith she can get S7 which can take on any enemy armor. Mainly b/c you should rush her to side/rear armor of vehicles. Meltabombs are overkill.

2). Drop laud hailers. They're not really effective and with the saved points you can get the ever so useful Books of Saint Lucius. I strongly recommend them.

3). InquistorA has it dead on. You need Vet Sisters upgrades. Faith is what makes WH such a potentially powerful army. The more faith you have, the more tricks you can pull to shock your opponent.

I've never used PE or Arcos before, but in theory the y look good. Try them out and let us know how you found them. Usually they get mixed reviews.
    If you win games against Nids with flamers (aside from the Inferno Cannon on a Hellhound), you're playing against opponents with stupidity of impressive magnitude.

~ Sokhar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Take veteran superiors in every squad. Running your arcos in one or two squads is up to you. 2 squads gives you the ability to attack multiple targets at once, and more importantly forces your opponent to split his fire between two squads making them less likely to die. Having one big squad protects you from bad rolls. It will keep probablility on your side, and make sure that you can kill an entire squad in one round. Either way the units are small enough to keep them out of los, especially if you screen them with the penitent engines (4" in between vehicle units instead of 2"). You have laud hailers on all your tanks, and I am not sure how helpful they really are. With all that light vehicle armor you should have most of your army get to where they need to be. You will suffer from getting rid of heavy tanks, like most sisters armies. Any smart player will be able to deny you from getting rid of their russes or landraiders. If it is a problem for you try using an immolator with the multimelta and put a dominion squad inside, instead of having your unit of ST in the chimera. You will just have to keep it screened with your other rhinos to make sure it gets where it is needed.

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x2)

Ok, so i gave every sister squad a vet superior and book of st lucius.
    I also took out the PEs and added another sister squad with meltas and rhino

That leaves me with 34 pts leftover. What should i do with it? One of the things i was thinking of was adding an inquisitor with a power weapon and bolt pistol to the priest's squad, and give the priest a bolt pistol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

Well, use up 14 pts by correcting the cost of your Seraphim squad. 8 Seras w/ 2 flamers, VSS w/ Evis & BoSL is 230pts, not 216 like you have listed.
    That only leaves you with 20 points - with which I would consider giving both IST squads one more member... unless they are truly sacrificial.

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x2)

Alright, so the 2 ISTs will be assigned to whichever squad needs them

The shotgun ISTs are kind of sacrificial. I usually make them go on suicide missions (this is in a different list)which either turn out really bad or really good. Just the other day, i managed to tear up a land raider using the priest in 1 charge

+ Reply to Thread